 Administrative / Suggestions / 192
Re: Fantasy group?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.suggestions
Date:
Thu, 2 May 2002 04:46:05 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote in message ...
In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Kevin Wilson writes:
A thread on "Dragonriders of Pern" MOCs is having a hard time finding a • home
because there just isn't a newsgroup (AFAIK) that it fits into. How about • a
lugnet.fantasy or build.fantasy newsgroup? SF MOC builders have a home in
.space but I don't feel that Pern belongs there, nor in .castle.

By analogy with build.ancient (which is for people building stuff not
covered by a current LEGO(r) theme), build.fantasy may be the best fit!

I think so... as otehrs poiinted out, LOTR stuff would fit well in there too
and there are many otehr fantasy book series which people might be
interested in building/talking about if there was somewhere to do it.

Just as a check: Why doesn't it fit in space, though? If magic use is ok
for

The majority of the Pern books have no space elements at all. Yes, the
original colonists came from Earth but only one book is about them, and
another couple refer back to them and the rediscovered
computer/spaceships... but most of the books are very much non-space.

I guess if a new group is out of the question, .castle would be the best
place since there's already some fantasy discussion there. Whether or not it
fits the castle-theme basis of the group is another question (isn't that why
Castle World has its own group?).

Kevin
NEW shopping mall kit, 1328 pieces!
http://www.lionsgatemodels.com/cat-mall.htm