 Administrative / Suggestions / 187
Re: Fantasy group?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.suggestions
Date:
Wed, 1 May 2002 16:55:49 GMT

In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Kevin Wilson writes:
A thread on "Dragonriders of Pern" MOCs is having a hard time finding a home
because there just isn't a newsgroup (AFAIK) that it fits into. How about a
lugnet.fantasy or build.fantasy newsgroup? SF MOC builders have a home in
.space but I don't feel that Pern belongs there, nor in .castle.

By analogy with build.ancient (which is for people building stuff not
covered by a current LEGO(r) theme), build.fantasy may be the best fit!

Just as a check: Why doesn't it fit in space, though? If magic use is ok for
.castle (IOM has flying boats, ne?) when in a medieval setting, why isn't it
OK in space when in a futuristic setting (1)?

Not at all against build.fantasy but that IS something to think about.

1 - I don't read Anne McCaffrey,(2) but I thought Pern was a planet that was
colonised by a spaceship full of colonists who then discovered some
interesting things about it?

2 - don't ask me why please... but it has to do with the number of books set
in the same basic setting. I've stopped reading Mercedes Lackey or David
Drake too, for that matter, and don't read much Piers Anthony either.