 Administrative / General / 9895 (-20)
  Re: Brickbay?

(...) This is where I goofed: I started from the LUGNET main page (www.lugnet.com), looking for information regarding BrickBay's server being down. Scrolling down, under MARKET, I saw "Buy/Sell" as one of only 6 choices, and it seemed to make the (...) (23 years ago, 31-Dec-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Brickbay?

In lugnet.admin.general, Kenneth Wright writes: ... (...) This is odd. What is the URL for the page that shows only 6 sub-catagories? When I go to: (URL) I see nine catagories. Since .brickshops, .appraisal and .theory are relatively new, is it (...) (23 years ago, 31-Dec-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Brickbay?

(...) I don't think anyone was being, or needed to be, apologetic. It seemed more of a rare case of being quite polite, especially when the offending parties clearly did not intentionally, and quite understandably, misdirect their posts. (...) (...) (23 years ago, 31-Dec-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: for the eyes of Suz (Was Re: For the Eyes of Alfred Speredelozzi

(...) Hi Bert - Thanks for the thoughtful comments. You're right, there will be the same social issues here as there are in any other community. One of the things that makes (made, because it doesn't seem to be happening now) LUGNET great was the (...) (23 years ago, 31-Dec-01, to lugnet.admin.general) !

  Re: Brickbay?

(...) but somebody just needs to step up and do it, sometimes... and shouldn't have to apologise for doing it, either. (...) I agree. They clearly belong there. (however this FUT went somewhere else :-) ) (...) And note that several weeks after (...) (23 years ago, 27-Dec-01, to lugnet.market.brickshops, lugnet.admin.general)

  Administration, not moderation (was Re: for the eyes of Suz)

(...) ...and also please understand that no one is asking for moderated content. That would be a huge step in the wrong direction, IMHO, and totally against the spirit of Lugnet. What I (and others, I believe) want is for someone on the admin team (...) (23 years ago, 26-Dec-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: for the eyes of Suz (Was Re: For the Eyes of Alfred Speredelozzi

(...) Please note: there has been *no* intention/proposal to introduce moderators, or moderated newsgroups, on LUGNET. And, as I understand Suzanne's and Todd's opinions, there never will be. Kyle, I'm very interested to learn more about the dangers (...) (23 years ago, 26-Dec-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: How do I change my Member Name?

(...) Thanks for doing so Shiri ! :) -H. (23 years ago, 26-Dec-01, to lugnet.faq, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: for the eyes of Suz (Was Re: For the Eyes of Alfred Speredelozzi

(...) <snipped - but see the earlier message for some interesting thoughts> (...) More brick, less hand-wringing about community. The dangers generated by thoughtful, well-intentioned moderaters, curates and the like are much more alarming than the (...) (23 years ago, 25-Dec-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Eduardo is out of line (was: Re: The Lego Group will attempt to stop some "brickfilms")

Tim, I'm choping your note and reassembling because I think it's important... (...) I believe I detect a double standard in your rhetoric. Is it "pinning" something on you to identify the fault in your thinking? (...) For me, this isn't really about (...) (23 years ago, 23-Dec-01, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: How do I change my Member Name?

(...) Long ago, right after membership first opened, I sent a note to one of Todd's email addresses asking that 'Chris Weeks' be changed to 'Christopher Weeks' at the top of my member page. It never changed and I didn't pursue it, but if this thread (...) (23 years ago, 23-Dec-01, to lugnet.faq, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: for the eyes of Suz (Was Re: For the Eyes of Alfred Speredelozzi

Okay, I am just catching up on this reading now. First of all, I was surprised by Tim's post for a few reasons. On one hand, I had no idea Tim felt this way. His opinion is pretty radical and different than any criticism I've heard about LUGNET so (...) (23 years ago, 23-Dec-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: How do I change my Member Name?

(...) <snip> You're right, I've wondered the same thing... how would someone who got married or otherwise change their name or status, make this change on their membership page? Since your question has gone unanswered for 2 weeks, I'm XP'ing it over (...) (23 years ago, 23-Dec-01, to lugnet.faq, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: for the eyes of Suz (Was Re: For the Eyes of Alfred Speredelozzi

(...) Hi all, I am just another outside member of the community, contributing with naive reflections and ignorant posts. I like to write and usually regret my posts when they are ignored. In one respect though, I feel well versed, and that respect (...) (23 years ago, 23-Dec-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

"Christopher Weeks" <clweeks@eclipse.net> wrote in message news:Gor26t.98p@lugnet.com... (...) So, do you advocate a 'speech code' system for LUGNET? Careful, read this first: (URL) suggested reading - anything by Larry Elder. Look at it this way. I (...) (23 years ago, 22-Dec-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: for the eyes of Suz (Was Re: For the Eyes of Alfred Speredelozzi

Hmmm...mmm, Well I can't say I agree totally with everything being said here; I know I haven't been here as long as most of you, but I'll reply nonetheless. I still view LUGNET as the center of the lego universe, I come here everyday, read lot's, (...) (23 years ago, 22-Dec-01, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: for the eyes of Suz (Was Re: For the Eyes of Alfred Speredelozzi

(...) Here's one more. I'd be willing to dedicate at least two hours a day to curate lugnet.space as well as other tangential groups, and to coordinate my efforts with other curators. James' approach is excellent; which in a nutshell is to (...) (23 years ago, 22-Dec-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Eduardo is out of line (was: Re: The Lego Group will attempt to stop some "brickfilms")

(...) Only for expressing the opinion, I think. (...) But then why do you support the mandate against profanity? I've assumed the goal of these rules is to make LUGNET a place where adults can do their thing and still be a place that parents are (...) (23 years ago, 22-Dec-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: The Lego Group will attempt to stop some "brickfilms"

For what it's worth, I don't thing Eduardo means any harm at all. I think he is just plain clueless. Afterall, it is not easy for a person with a different cultural and language background to understand what is acceptable and what is not. For (...) (23 years ago, 22-Dec-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: for the eyes of Suz (Was Re: For the Eyes of Alfred Speredelozzi

(...) Gentlemen, I'm with you all on this one. Kevin put it all in perspective saying "how can one volunteer if there's no response when one tries?". Twice now I've asked for a pair of curatorships (.build.mecha and .org.us.lugola) in an attempt to (...) (23 years ago, 22-Dec-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact