 Administrative / General / 9887
Re: for the eyes of Suz (Was Re: For the Eyes of Alfred Speredelozzi
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 25 Dec 2001 07:58:13 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Tim Courtney writes:
<snipped - but see the earlier message for some interesting thoughts>

I hope people don't take my post the wrong way.  I've agonized over this
thing for about an hour now, trying to figure out the right words to say.  I
don't mean to hurt feelings, I don't mean to stop others from enjoying
LUGNET.  I just want to say what's on my mind and offer my honest thoughts
about how I've seen the administration act towards caring for the community.

-Tim

More brick, less hand-wringing about community. The dangers generated by
thoughtful, well-intentioned moderaters, curates and the like are much more
alarming than the very occasional breaches of etiquette that happen here.
The glass is so half full I can hardly begin to express it.

The only effective response to words (which are about all that you are
likely to find on a news server) that you find painful is to ignore it. The
proprietary feelings expressed are understandable but I truly think they are
misplaced. To keep on doing what you love without worrying about others' bad
behavior will go a lot farther to alleviate the problem than any amount of
curating.

Merry Christmas!

- Kyle