 Administrative / General / 9871
Re: for the eyes of Suz (Was Re: For the Eyes of Alfred Speredelozzi
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 21 Dec 2001 22:04:48 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

In lugnet.admin.general, Tim Courtney writes:
After a couple days, I'm surprised, if not sad, this hasn't been replied to.
By the admins or by people in the community who feel the same way.

Lar and I have had a decent offline discussion on this, compared notes, and
are definitely on the same page.  I'm wondering why no one else is?

I wish the admins (Todd and Suz) were more responsible, and I wish others
took the time to care.  Makes me think long and hard about investing
anything (financial or time) into LUGNET.

Hi Tim,

  If I'd realized you were looking for a community response, I would have
stepped up sooner; I too am disappointed in the lack of administrative response.

Personally, I suspect that Suz is approaching burnout WRT to Lugnet;  It's a
very large website and a equally large community, and there's a lot of
responsibility in keeping it up.  Some of the load has been shifted on the
guide, but the news area of Lugnet is still all on 2 pairs of shoulders,and
Todd's made it fairly clear that he can't put in the time he used to; from
his low participation, I suspect he burnt out a while ago. :(

I would also really appreciate an admin response, even if it's a plain "We
don't have time to deal with newsgroup issues."  Even that would clear
things up.  Personally, I would suggest offloading more responsibility to
others.

Lugnet needs either a full-time admin or many part time volunteers.  I don't
think a full-time admin is fair (to that person) or feasable (Lugnet can't
afford to pay them) - please ask for volunteers.  There's lots of willing
hands out here.

James
Also, I suspect, on the same page.