 Administrative / General / 9873
Re: for the eyes of Suz (Was Re: For the Eyes of Alfred Speredelozzi
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 22 Dec 2001 00:15:22 GMT

"James Brown" <galliard@shades-of-night.com> wrote in message

Hi Tim,

  If I'd realized you were looking for a community response, I would have
stepped up sooner; I too am disappointed in the lack of administrative
response.

That's ok.  I thought that the post in and of itself would invoke replies,
but I was mistaken.  At least I know Larry and I aren't alone in feeling
this way.

Personally, I suspect that Suz is approaching burnout WRT to Lugnet;  It's • a
very large website and a equally large community, and there's a lot of
responsibility in keeping it up.  Some of the load has been shifted on the
guide, but the news area of Lugnet is still all on 2 pairs of • shoulders,and
Todd's made it fairly clear that he can't put in the time he used to; from
his low participation, I suspect he burnt out a while ago. :(

I understand burnout 100%.  But, with an operation such as LUGNET, I expect
some responsibility - at least to the effect of saying 'we don't have the
time' or 'we are no longer interested and are soliciting volunteers to take
some of the load off of us.'  I feel the lack of such a courtesy is rude.

I would also really appreciate an admin response, even if it's a plain "We
don't have time to deal with newsgroup issues."  Even that would clear
things up.  Personally, I would suggest offloading more responsibility to
others.

Me too.

Lugnet needs either a full-time admin or many part time volunteers.  I • don't
think a full-time admin is fair (to that person) or feasable (Lugnet can't
afford to pay them) - please ask for volunteers.  There's lots of willing
hands out here.

Yep.

As Kevin put it, "how can one volunteer if there's no response when one
tries?"

-Tim