 Administrative / General / 9891
Re: Brickbay?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.brickshops, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 27 Dec 2001 14:41:49 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Cary Clark writes:
In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Kenneth Wright writes:
In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Dan Jezek writes:
I know, nobody likes to be the news-post policeman (and nobody appointed me
either) but...

but somebody just needs to step up and do it, sometimes... and shouldn't
have to apologise for doing it, either.

There's a newsgroup just next door that is more appropriate for this discussion:

  http://news.lugnet.com/market/brickshops/

Here's the charter: "lugnet.market.brickshops- Discussions and informational
postings related to personal online LEGO-related "shops" and third-party
buyer/seller services (BrickBay, etc.)"

Even Larry[1] won't argue that this group is ideal for this thread. Please
post follow-ups there.

I agree. They clearly belong there. (however this FUT went somewhere else :-) )

Thanks

Cary

[1] I think that all BrickBay-related postings should go there. Larry thinks
that BrickBay-admin issues like this thread should go there.

And note that several weeks after asking for clarification, we never got a
definitive answer from anyone authoritative. How much time does it take to
write a post saying "We've decided that the charter won't change. No
discussion as we aren't changing our minds" or better "the intent was this
and the charter wording is changed to clarify it"???

Lugnet seems to be on automatic pilot.

Thats fine as long as the original course was straight and level. You can
even handle a little turbulence, although it may be more comfortable for the
passengers if the pilots take an active hand and seek calmer air with a
temporary altitude change. But woe be you if there's a mountain ahead or
another plane in your path, or the passengers get unruly, or you run into
mechanical trouble. Worst, what if you run out of fuel because no one's
paying attention?

What happened to the fibblesnork.com domain again? I forget. Oh, ya... It
ran out of fuel and crashed into a mountain. The pilots left it on autopilot
too long.

There are people who went to pilot school on board this plane who want to
help, NOT hijack.  But they're locked out of the cockpit.