 Administrative / General / 9856
    Re: for the eyes of Suz (Was Re: For the Eyes of Alfred Speredelozzi —Tim Courtney
   (...) Agreed. (...) After waiting a couple days to see if this post would get a reply, I'm writing to voice my agreement with Larry and my disagreement with how issues like this are handled on LUGNET. In essence, by Suz stating that she doesn't want (...) (23 years ago, 19-Dec-01, to lugnet.admin.general) !!

        Re: for the eyes of Suz (Was Re: For the Eyes of Alfred Speredelozzi —Tim Courtney
     After a couple days, I'm surprised, if not sad, this hasn't been replied to. By the admins or by people in the community who feel the same way. Lar and I have had a decent offline discussion on this, compared notes, and are definitely on the same (...) (23 years ago, 21-Dec-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

         Re: for the eyes of Suz (Was Re: For the Eyes of Alfred Speredelozzi —James Brown
     (...) Hi Tim, If I'd realized you were looking for a community response, I would have stepped up sooner; I too am disappointed in the lack of administrative response. Personally, I suspect that Suz is approaching burnout WRT to Lugnet; It's a very (...) (23 years ago, 21-Dec-01, to lugnet.admin.general) !

         Re: for the eyes of Suz (Was Re: For the Eyes of Alfred Speredelozzi —Kevin Wilson
      James Brown wrote in message ... (...) to. (...) response. Moi aussi. There are things happening which really deserve an admin response. I also volunteered weeks ago to curate lugnet.town, both in the curators newsgroup and by email to Suz. No (...) (23 years ago, 21-Dec-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

         Re: for the eyes of Suz (Was Re: For the Eyes of Alfred Speredelozzi —Tim Courtney
      "James Brown" <galliard@shades-of-night.com> wrote in message news:Gops00.KAD@lugnet.com... (...) response. That's ok. I thought that the post in and of itself would invoke replies, but I was mistaken. At least I know Larry and I aren't alone in (...) (23 years ago, 22-Dec-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

         Re: for the eyes of Suz (Was Re: For the Eyes of Alfred Speredelozzi —Dave Johann
      (...) Gentlemen, I'm with you all on this one. Kevin put it all in perspective saying "how can one volunteer if there's no response when one tries?". Twice now I've asked for a pair of curatorships (.build.mecha and .org.us.lugola) in an attempt to (...) (23 years ago, 22-Dec-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

         Re: for the eyes of Suz (Was Re: For the Eyes of Alfred Speredelozzi —Dave Lovelace
      (...) Here's one more. I'd be willing to dedicate at least two hours a day to curate lugnet.space as well as other tangential groups, and to coordinate my efforts with other curators. James' approach is excellent; which in a nutshell is to (...) (23 years ago, 22-Dec-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: for the eyes of Suz (Was Re: For the Eyes of Alfred Speredelozzi —Geordan Hankinson
     Hmmm...mmm, Well I can't say I agree totally with everything being said here; I know I haven't been here as long as most of you, but I'll reply nonetheless. I still view LUGNET as the center of the lego universe, I come here everyday, read lot's, (...) (23 years ago, 22-Dec-01, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

         Re: for the eyes of Suz (Was Re: For the Eyes of Alfred Speredelozzi —Jeffrey M. Szklennik
     (...) snip (...) mucho snipping (...) Lego is way better than candy!! I'm new posting on lugnet, but I've been reading posts since I learned about the site, about 1 1/2 yrs. ago. I first saw Lego when I was about 4 or 5 yrs. old (before I was in (...) (23 years ago, 23-Dec-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: for the eyes of Suz (Was Re: For the Eyes of Alfred Speredelozzi —Bert Waters
     (...) Hi all, I am just another outside member of the community, contributing with naive reflections and ignorant posts. I like to write and usually regret my posts when they are ignored. In one respect though, I feel well versed, and that respect (...) (23 years ago, 23-Dec-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

         Re: for the eyes of Suz (Was Re: For the Eyes of Alfred Speredelozzi —Tim Courtney
     (...) Hi Bert - Thanks for the thoughtful comments. You're right, there will be the same social issues here as there are in any other community. One of the things that makes (made, because it doesn't seem to be happening now) LUGNET great was the (...) (22 years ago, 31-Dec-01, to lugnet.admin.general) !

        Re: for the eyes of Suz (Was Re: For the Eyes of Alfred Speredelozzi —Shiri Dori
     Okay, I am just catching up on this reading now. First of all, I was surprised by Tim's post for a few reasons. On one hand, I had no idea Tim felt this way. His opinion is pretty radical and different than any criticism I've heard about LUGNET so (...) (23 years ago, 23-Dec-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: for the eyes of Suz (Was Re: For the Eyes of Alfred Speredelozzi —Kyle Beatty
   (...) <snipped - but see the earlier message for some interesting thoughts> (...) More brick, less hand-wringing about community. The dangers generated by thoughtful, well-intentioned moderaters, curates and the like are much more alarming than the (...) (23 years ago, 25-Dec-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: for the eyes of Suz (Was Re: For the Eyes of Alfred Speredelozzi —Steve Bliss
   (...) Please note: there has been *no* intention/proposal to introduce moderators, or moderated newsgroups, on LUGNET. And, as I understand Suzanne's and Todd's opinions, there never will be. Kyle, I'm very interested to learn more about the dangers (...) (23 years ago, 26-Dec-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Administration, not moderation (was Re: for the eyes of Suz) —James Brown
   (...) ...and also please understand that no one is asking for moderated content. That would be a huge step in the wrong direction, IMHO, and totally against the spirit of Lugnet. What I (and others, I believe) want is for someone on the admin team (...) (23 years ago, 26-Dec-01, to lugnet.admin.general)