 Administrative / General / 8554
Re: Excessive Cross Posting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 20 Dec 2000 15:36:35 GMT

Frank Filz wrote in message <3A3D4858.1F036B0C@mindspring.com>...
Todd,

Is there some way to shut down the excessive cross posting which has
been occurring lately? I'm beginning to feel that Lugnet might be better
off if no cross posting was allowed, though I can see some reason for
limited cross posting.

Some thoughts for digestion on cross posting:

lugnet.announce - it's probably reasonable to allow cross posting from
lugnet.announce to the group chosen for follow-ups (in fact, I'd almost
appreciate it if the posts were automatically cross posted to the
follow-up group).

We almost always post through our newsreader. If I cross post something I
can not specify where follow-ups are posted. Is there someway to do this?

Rose