 Administrative / General / 8514
Re: Excessive Cross Posting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 18 Dec 2000 16:18:58 GMT

Steve Bliss wrote:

In lugnet.admin.general, Larry Pieniazek wrote:

In lugnet.admin.general, Frank Filz writes:
An initial cross post is fine, but where we really go off the rails is when
22 groups are included, and everyone (including a lot of folks who know
better) just posts replies without thinking about where to set followups to.

I've been that everyone.  Typically, the reason I do a "reply to all
groups" is because I'm arriving in the middle of a large-ish thread, I have
no idea what ng's other people have been using,[1] so I just leave things
alone, and reply to all groups.

Yea, that's a real pain. Sometimes I go to the web interface to follow a
thread since you see the whole thread there, but then when the thread
gets too big, it becomes worthless to follow it on the web interface
because it's hard to keep track of what you've read, and when the dots
go away, it's painfull to peruse the thread.

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com