 Administrative / General / 8497
Re: Excessive Cross Posting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 18 Dec 2000 02:19:56 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Frank Filz writes:

I guess I should have clarified that I don't think the current round of
excessive cross posting is jerks, I'm just pointing out that trivial
things like requiring a follow-up header when cross posting doesn't
remove the possibility of jerks just casually getting around the
"restriction", it would force the rest of us to not be lazy though
(though the nntp and mail interfaces would also be somewhat unfriendly).

Thanks for the clarification, I think we're in total agreement. I think it
WOULD be nice to have some automation that helped people remember not to
excessively cross post (and the place to put the one page netiquette FAQ
link  for people to read (about why excessive cross posting is bad) is on
the error screen that you get when you try to do it!!!)

Granted that some people might try to circumvent it. So be it, that's OK.

++Lar