 Administrative / General / 7524
Re: defining proper content
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 16 Aug 2000 06:42:23 GMT

I hate replying to my own post but I am going to do it here to summarize.
This is what lugnet is all about to me right here.  People communicating with
a manner of courtesy in an open environment.  I asked for feed back on my idea
and I thank everyone.  People should always display common courtesy amongst
others.  I work with people twice my own age with $50,000 to $100,000 deals
going everyday and I am only 20.  I don't get any respect because of my age
but with how I present myself in front of someone with a sort of
professionalistic manner is what makes me stand out and say I am more mature.

Something like that can be dificult at times on lugnet so that is why I
thought this could maybe some how start a descent idea.  I never said this was
perfect but it was a start to me and I now have heard many better ideas than
my own.  I have looked at lugnet a bit further and noticed that there are
profiles set up for everyone that posts.  I like that idea and if I knew about
that a little bit more I would have changed my suggestion a bit.

Here is my question that started everything.  Does anyone know how old Picaso
or Van Gough were when they created their works of art?  When I look at their
pieces I see creativity that was never there with other art but someone else
might view colors that were never blended together properly.  My point is
personally my opinion would differ if Picaso did many of his works of art at
say the age of 6 because I wouldn't think that high of it but those were done
and could be mistaken for "not coloring in the lines" for that age.  I want to
appreciate someone's creation as best as possible because they took their time
to do it and I want to appreciate it properly and if possible through their
eyes.  Lugnet should always be an open place for communication and ideas but
to be constructive with those ideas when you don't know which direction
someone is going with them can be dificult at times.  That is why I thought of
this and ask if anyone can come up with anything better.  I don't believe this
should be forced harshly but be an option if possible to be more precise and
accurate on conversation about lego.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

-Michael Perri