 Administrative / General / 7513
Re: defining proper content
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 15 Aug 2000 20:26:14 GMT

"Scott E. Sanburn" <ssanburn@cleanweb.net> wrote in message
news:010e01c006fd$128b8580$46d9d8d0@SES...
However, I do disagree with you. Rather than saying that we should be • nicer
to younger people, I think it'd be better for everyone to be more • civil
in
general.

I'd agree with you wholeheartedly.  I just think that this might be good • for
improved communication.  But yes, I think that people should be nicer to
each other in general.  Whatever's going on here (Lugnet in general) • isn't
healthy.  Its been called 'growing pains' before and such, but for it to
have lasted this long isn't good.  What could get people to calm down?

I have found that since I have stopped going into off.topic.debate, I am • a
lot calmer, and seem to relax a lot more. : )

Yeah.  I did that about a year and a half ago and it made a difference.
Though o-t.debate is somehwat necessary, I think that its destructive in
nature.  That's the effect I've observed with myself, at least.

I think healthy discussion is fine, especially since the brick is a good
chunk of life, but I try to focus on good things, and try to compliment
people on their tryings. Constructive suggestions on design are good, but
insults are not wanted or needed, in this arena or others.

Yeah.  But even getting deeper than that into plan offensive posts (I won't
list specifics) is irritating and doesn't foster goodwill here.  But the age
group suggestion, take it or leave it.  I think its a plus, others think its
a minus.  It could be one of those experiments, like the article rating
system...over time it could get refined.
--

Tim Courtney - tim@zacktron.com

ICQ: 23951114
AIM: TimCourtne