 Administrative / General / 7501
Re: defining proper content
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 15 Aug 2000 15:21:28 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Matthew Miller writes:
Tim Courtney <tim@zacktron.com> wrote:
I've noticed, and so has everyone else I've spoken with, that LUGNET is very
on edge and people are quick to lash out at each other.  Overall a tense
environment which is not very welcoming, and something really does need to
change.

Compared to Usenet, it's a pretty friendly place, actually. I'm not saying
that it couldn't be better, of course.

Other than RTL, all the other newsgroups I read are work related, but they are
all fine. LUGNET is the only one with agro I read. Although, I did used to be
on a Ian Banks mailing list thing, and that was pretty bad.

I often wonder if LUGNET was always like this and I have just noticed it, or if
it is a recent change??

Scott A

Under 10 11-14 15-17 18-25 25-35 45-55 55+ • [above lines compressed into one]
Kinda vague, but gives ample distinction in general maturity levels.

Wait a sec -- in a recent huge flamefest, wasn't it widely held that age has
nothing to do with maturity?