 Administrative / General / 7512
7511  |  7513
Subject:
Lugnet tensions? (was Re: defining proper content)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 15 Aug 2000 20:29:46 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Tim Courtney writes:
Whatever's going on here (Lugnet in general) isn't
healthy.  Its been called 'growing pains' before and such, but for it to
have lasted this long isn't good.  What could get people to calm down?

Help me out here-

I've been seeing a lot of people talking about an "increased level of tension"
on Lugnet lately, but I guess I don't see it.  I know there were two very
controversial threads in the past week/week-and-a-half... namely, the "2001 Set
Info" thread, and the minifig race issue thing.  But these kinds of threads
happen every once in a while (*especially* the 2001 set info-style debate) and
have ever since I was first on Lugnet- which was about, jeez, two years ago
roughly.  I don't see any real tension in crease in theme groups like
lugnet.castle or lugnet.space, and I don't see any increase in the build groups
really...

Am I just blind?  Am I missing something?  Is the level of tension you guys are
talking about not visible to me because I'm an insensitive jerk (don't worry
about offending me, I've heard that plenty)?

eric