 Administrative / General / 7521
Re: defining proper content
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 15 Aug 2000 22:45:07 GMT

If you used to watch a certain morning channel until some time ago, Agro was
the co-host and puppet on a TV show which ran cartoons with this puppet and
his sidekick/volunteer from the audience joining in.  Somewhat wild in
places, goofy in others, they eventually stopped showing it.

Good show, *if* you were a kid.  Otherwise, time for that mute button on the
remote!  ;-)

Cheers ...

Geoffrey Hyde

Todd Lehman <lehman@javanet.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.admin.general, Scott Arthur writes:
In lugnet.admin.general, Matthew Miller writes:
Compared to Usenet, it's a pretty friendly place, actually. I'm not • saying
that it couldn't be better, of course.

Other than RTL, all the other newsgroups I read are work related, but • they
are all fine. LUGNET is the only one with agro I read. Although, I did • used
to be on a Ian Banks mailing list thing, and that was pretty bad.

What is "agro"?

I often wonder if LUGNET was always like this and I have just noticed • it,
or if it is a recent change??

FWIW, I haven't noticed any recent changes -- other than the usual • flare-ups
of debates that happen from time to time.  Sometimes they seem like • changes
because they take things by storm, but they've been here since day 1 (or • maybe
day 10) -- and some much worse (noticable) than this most recent one.  The
biggest noticable thing here perhaps is that it is taking place in a • themed
newsgroup (.starwars), which IIRC hasn't happened since the debate in
.adventurers about a year ago.

When it moves to .off-topic.debate, all will seem normal again, as the • .debate
area is set up as a sort of "loud quiet-corner" where people can let off • steam
and work through things.  The .off-topic.debate area exists so that people • can
say "hey, take this over to .off-topic.debate" without having to ask • someone
to stop discussing something altogther (which, due to human nature, rarely
works anyway and usually just makes matters worse).

--Todd