 Administrative / General / 7510
Re: defining proper content
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 15 Aug 2000 19:59:06 GMT

"Matthew Miller" <mattdm@mattdm.org> wrote in message
news:slrn8pj4h5.nhe.mattdm@jadzia.bu.edu...
Tim Courtney <tim@zacktron.com> wrote:
You should make the attempt to understand what I'm saying, versus trying • to
pick an argument.  I said _general_ - obviously meaning that we're not

I'm sorry; I didn't mean to give you a case in point.

Understood, its ok.

However, I do disagree with you. Rather than saying that we should be • nicer
to younger people, I think it'd be better for everyone to be more civil in
general.

I'd agree with you wholeheartedly.  I just think that this might be good for
improved communication.  But yes, I think that people should be nicer to
each other in general.  Whatever's going on here (Lugnet in general) isn't
healthy.  Its been called 'growing pains' before and such, but for it to
have lasted this long isn't good.  What could get people to calm down?

People *do* have the ability to disclose their age, although some
don't want to for various privacy reasons. If someone doesn't want their • age
revealed (even in general terms), why force them?

This wouldn't have to force them.  They could enter Lugnet with the full
understanding that this is default (or the other way around?) and the full
knowledge that they can keep it private if so desired.
--

Tim Courtney - tim@zacktron.com

ICQ: 23951114
AIM: TimCourtne