 Administrative / General / 7523
Re: Pull down menus
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 16 Aug 2000 06:24:20 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Frank Buiting writes:
IMHO I don't think a pulldown/selection field is a good option. There are
too many newsgroups to make a selection box more convenient, also the page
takes more to load and it takes the browser some time to render the
selection box.
Also for crossposting the boxes have to be multiple select, this makes the
boxes more space consuming and harder to see what you have selected in a
list that is longer than 100 entries.
You could always open another browser, lookup the extra group(s) you want to
post to or set the followup to and type it in the first browser... Todd
could add a button that opens a window displaying all available newsgroups
as reference but I don't know if that's an option too.

OMG, you said exactly what I was thinking!  Serves me right for not reading
ahead...OK, well, ignore my other post.

--Todd