 Administrative / General / 7506
Re: Pull down menus
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 15 Aug 2000 17:35:19 GMT

"Rick Kujawa" <spacerocks@iname.com> wrote in message
news:FzCEw0.K70@lugnet.com...
Hi Todd,
With the proliferation of newsgroups on Lugnet; as a means to simplify • posting
messages to the proper newsgroup(s), would it be possible to make both the
Newsgroups and Followup-To fields on the message window be pull down • menus?  I
can never remember the exact hierarchy wording and a pull down menu would
greatly aid selecting the proper destination(s).  Thanks.

IMHO I don't think a pulldown/selection field is a good option. There are
too many newsgroups to make a selection box more convenient, also the page
takes more to load and it takes the browser some time to render the
selection box.
Also for crossposting the boxes have to be multiple select, this makes the
boxes more space consuming and harder to see what you have selected in a
list that is longer than 100 entries.
You could always open another browser, lookup the extra group(s) you want to
post to or set the followup to and type it in the first browser... Todd
could add a button that opens a window displaying all available newsgroups
as reference but I don't know if that's an option too.

--
Frank Buiting

Visit the LEGO Lexicon: http://members.chello.nl/~f.buiting/lego/