 Administrative / General / 6961
6960  |  6962
Subject:
Could we get .org.au up soon
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 19 Jun 2000 05:09:56 GMT

Todd, how long till we'll be able to see .org.au up, so we can be free to
include any sales/auction postings? While we're waiting, could the following
please come into force:

1) Allow auction posting in .loc.au - but when .org.au is open, discontinue
this. [we really would like a way to hold auctions where Australians are
welcome, and where we don't have to pay huge amounts for postage...And not
have to wade through the huge amount of postings in .market which are of no
interest to us...At times it can look like an appendage to .loc.us with all
the 'US only' and US targetted postings]

2) Allow Mark Harrison to once again post to .loc.au. He is a valuable
member of the Australian lego community, and it's a shame you won't allow
him to post in his local community where his postings don't affect the rest
of the world. [where all the 'sensitive' people who seem to be easily upset
by infringements to rules we find annoying and restrictive [such as
auctions, and Strine[1]]]

[1] Strine: The Australian additions to the english language. Contains words
that are considered in some countries [eg. US] to be [very mild] swearing,
whilst in Australia, they are a part of the everyday language.
BTW, If this is to be punished, do those who 'police' this also police the
other .loc sites that aren't in english...after all, it hardly seems fair to
have a crack-down on one language, and to leave the rest untouched...

Thanks for any information regarding the above requests,

Benjamin Whytcross
BWhytcro@PacificAccess.com.au
Ph: (03) 9856 5282
Directory Technology Pty Ltd
1/436 Elgar Road,
Box Hill, 3128

Growing older is compulsory..Growing up isn't :-)