 Local / Australia / 1343
Re: To Todd - Could we get .org.au up soon
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Tue, 20 Jun 2000 03:23:11 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Peter White writes:
In lugnet.loc.au, Todd Lehman writes:

Not much more to do -- just confirm that you mean .org.au rather than
.loc.au.org and whether or not you'll allow auction traffic, and I'll take
care of the rest of getting it fired up.  Here's what it would look like:

  Access method    Address/name
  --------------   -----------------------------------
  NNTP (news)      lugnet.org.au
  SMTP (email)     lugnet.org.au@lugnet.com
  HTTP (web)       http://www.lugnet.com/org/au/

  Charter:  Australia-based user groups, clubs, and organizations for
  LEGO enthusiasts:  group formation, founding, planning, announcements,
  etc.; inter-group coordination and planning; general ideas, thoughts,
  inspirations, insights, experiences, etc.  Auction announcements and
  updates ARE permitted here.

(The charter is basically a duplicate of .loc.us with the additional
statement about auctions.  Is that charter specific enough for your purposes
or is it too nebulous?)

Thanks Todd, this sounds like the go. So I'll just nod in agreement and let
the others add comments etc, once their noses are off their respective
grindstones, it's the middle of the working day here (for some), so these
comments will be coming for the next 12 hours.

At the risk of sounding like another "me too" post...

<general nodding and thumbs up>

This will serve a pretty good purpose, not the least being to educate people
like myself in the advantages and importance of the Lugnet Structure(TM).
Whilst I was dubious about the formation of org.au to begin with, I can now
see the merits of this group.

Can we assume that our prodigal member from the north will be allowed to
contribute to this group, assuming he doesn't contravene the charter? Perhaps
with this new forum for him to spleen vent he will be allowed to rejoin all
the Lugnet groups, again assuming he will "tow the line"?

Pete Callaway