 Local / Australia / 1352
Re: To Todd - Could we get .org.au up soon
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Tue, 20 Jun 2000 03:45:00 GMT

"Todd Lehman" <lehman@javanet.com> wrote in message
   Access method    Address/name
   --------------   -----------------------------------
   NNTP (news)      lugnet.org.au
   SMTP (email)     lugnet.org.au@lugnet.com
   HTTP (web)       http://www.lugnet.com/org/au/

   Charter:  Australia-based user groups, clubs, and organizations for
   LEGO enthusiasts:  group formation, founding, planning, announcements,
   etc.; inter-group coordination and planning; general ideas, thoughts,
   inspirations, insights, experiences, etc.  Auction announcements and
   updates ARE permitted here.

Personally I'd like to be more explict about the "marketplace" issue. How
about replacing the last sentence with:

"Messages about auctions, buying, selling, and trading BETWEEN AUSTRALIANS
are permitted here. Message about auctions, buying, selling and trading
OUTSIDE OF AUSTRALIA are prohibited here."

I think if we don't make the Aussie-centric nature explicit, we'll just end
up with a load of cross-postings from the lugnet.market.* groups.

Kerry