 Local / Australia / 1321
Re: To Todd - Could we get .org.au up soon
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Tue, 20 Jun 2000 00:50:57 GMT

I think I'll butt in just right now.

In lugnet.loc.au, Santosh Bhat writes a good explanation for creating an NG
for Oz orgs.

And then he wrote:
What we request is that loc.au.org group be formed.

Hmm. There was an issue that came up in the "market splitting" dicussion, and
I think it is applicable here. If at all, Todd would probably agree to create
a lugnet.org.au group, and probably NOT a lugnet.loc.au.org group. (This, from
what I've heard Todd say; it's only an assumption, but Todd is usually very
consistent with these kinds of issues.)
So you might want tor email to him, not request a .loc.au.org group, but
a .org.au group.

HTH!
-Shiri