 Local / Australia / 1324
Re: To Todd - Could we get .org.au up soon
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Tue, 20 Jun 2000 01:38:03 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Santosh Bhat writes(badly):
Todd,

Consider this to be as official or unofficial as you like, as chances are I'll
just cut'n'paste an email to you from this if thats whats required.

Recently the traffic on Lugnet under the loc.au groups have indicated that
there's a significant community of Lego fans in Australia. We do not quite
have the numbers of some of the other organisations that have been formed, and
this combined with the tyranny of distance has meant that there has been no
truely "national" event or organisation formed yet.

However there has been activity amongst lego fans who live relatively close to
each other. The STUDS events are an example of such.

The other matter that has been raised regarding the Australian group(s) has
been that of trading notices. As per Lugnet terms and conditions we have to
our best endevours kept trading out of the loc.au group(s).

What we request is that loc.au.org group be formed.

No, actually we request a loc.org.au
(misteak #1)

At present it will represent a collective of all lego fans from Australia who
are regular posters in loc.au but in the future as expansion occurs, it may be
divided into smaller groups such as the STUDS group.

Loc.au.org will be used for discussion regarding group activities, meetings
and events that are held by any Lego group within Australia (and not just
confined to any one particular group at present). We would also like to use it
for notifying other Australian members about any trading opportunites amongst
ourselves.

No,loc.org.au will be used for discussion
(misteak #2)

If you feel that such a group is not structured enough (as in there are no
clear definition of what the organisation is), then let me know. We may have
to let STUDS "adopt" a national organisation in which the group will remain as
loc.au.org, but will be reprsented by STUDS until other groups are associated.

Again, the group will remain as loc.org.au
(misteak #3)

At present there is no need to for there to be distinction between
loc.au.org.studs and loc.au.org.legoz, as there would not be enough traffic to
justify either of these hence one single Australian organisation group would
be preferred.

Ditto,
(misteak #4)

Could you please let us know how this proposal sounds, if it's acceptable:
what are the next steps to take, if there are problems: what do we need to
straighten out?

Regards
Santosh

And a big apology for wasting time.