 Local / Australia / 1350
Re: To Todd - Could we get .org.au up soon
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Tue, 20 Jun 2000 03:36:13 GMT

Can we limit auction posting only to members of .org.au?
Given that countries like New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, Fiji etc, probably
wont have their own organisations forming, we may have to admit them as
members into .org.au.

Or does this then defeat the whole purpose of creating organisations by
country?

Either way, what i see as happening is, that the organisation will have a list
of members, only those members can post to .org.* and it will be upto the
organisations to maintain that list.

If Grahame and Sanjay from NZ get want to join in, as an organisation we'll
have to decide if we can accept them (and that we don't break any of lugnets
T&C's)

the logic i'm  using is as follows

*In org.au only members can post auction stuff
*Members of org.au have to be from Australia
*But given the size/number of people we may allow neighbours who also have the
same size/number problems?

Santosh
(RIGHT! this calls for immmmmmmmediate discussion!)

In lugnet.loc.au, Peter White writes:
In lugnet.loc.au, Todd Lehman writes:
In lugnet.loc.au, Santosh Bhat writes:
[...]
As for the charter, I'm fine by it, but again if anyone has any concerns, • say
so.

Prolly should also say in the charter that the auction traffic must be Oz- • only,
yes?  :-)

Absolutely ,though maybe our friends across the Tasman would like to be
included since they are so close.(ie New Zealand)

pete.w <aquanaut@optusnet.com.au>