 Administrative / General / 13445 (-20)
  Re: contacting me via e-mail

(...) Could you add those to the Admin.general sidebar too? Thanks for keeping us up-to-date on your contact information. -Lenny (18 years ago, 5-Apr-06, to lugnet.admin.general)

  contacting me via e-mail

I heard from Todd that there's been a problem with our e-mail forwarding. This is being corrected but, for the time being, be sure to include non-lugnet addresses such as: suz(at)baseplate.com or minifig(at)mac.com when contacting me. those are (...) (18 years ago, 5-Apr-06, to lugnet.admin.general) !

  Re: clarification

(...) I don't intend to continue using that site for discussion. It was mainly intended for the period of time leading up to an announcement on LUGNET and at BrickFest which ended like this: (URL) Rumor was that you had decided against giving Lugnet (...) (18 years ago, 5-Apr-06, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: And now for something complete different (a.k.a Let's help Rene design the future of LUGNET)

(...) Hi, Thank you for starting this constructive thread. Today, LUGNet satisfy all my needs, taking into account other websites offer services and I wouldn't appreciate too much radical changes (but I don't think that's what you're talking about). (...) (18 years ago, 5-Apr-06, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: And now for something complete different (a.k.a Let's help Rene design the future of LUGNET)

(...) Great thread idea! Personally, I'd really like to see some of the more common features of other message board systems, especially: - Seeing a list of all the things I've posted before - Subscribing to threads via email - More easily editing (...) (18 years ago, 5-Apr-06, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: And now for something complete different (a.k.a Let's help Rene design the future of LUGNET)

(...) I'd like to see LUGNET leverage the power of member-created webpages. Right now, members can setup FTX-based webpages. I just made one tonight, displaying some (URL) new LDraw colors> (not a stellar example, but it was handy). But these pages (...) (18 years ago, 5-Apr-06, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  And now for something complete different (a.k.a Let's help Rene design the future of LUGNET)

Let's start a thread to help define what we would like LUGNET to evolve into...to update the LUGNET Plan. First of all, if you haven't read the plan, check it out... (URL) lot of the focuses in the plan have been implemented to some degree by many (...) (18 years ago, 5-Apr-06, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Child-like behavior

First, I apologize if I am not posting this message in the correct arena. I'm kind of new to this type of thing. I have been reading various negative comments regarding Lugnet and its administration. I believe there is a perceived lack of discipline (...) (18 years ago, 4-Apr-06, to lugnet.admin.general) !

  Re: Bloviate (was Re: Warnings( was: WAKE UP!))

David Koudys wrote: (snip) (...) and you get no sleep (...) (snip) (...) its ALWAYS a good time for PYRO!!! :) Chris www.ThePyroGuys.com (18 years ago, 4-Apr-06, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Bloviate (was Re: Warnings( was: WAKE UP!))

(...) I've been there. If I may expound a little-- Having about 30 cubs running around your ankles at a cub camp on a weekend when it's rained the entire time and the kids are miserable, and you get no sleep 'cause you have to chase down the (...) (18 years ago, 4-Apr-06, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Lugnet: WAKE UP!

In lugnet.admin.general, C. L. GunningCook wrote: <snip> (...) You go girl! Janey always makes me happy :) Dave K (18 years ago, 4-Apr-06, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Bloviate (was Re: Warnings( was: WAKE UP!))

(...) Hi Jake! I didn't make the point as clear as maybe I should have. I'll try to keep it concise-- Constructive criticism = good Example-- "Maybe we should think about enabling a new message interface so we can put pictures and stuff in our (...) (18 years ago, 4-Apr-06, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: clarification

(...) I didn't miss it. However, you haven't post here or on your (URL) blog> since August. Rumor was that you had decided against giving Lugnet to Rene, and that was backed up by seven months of silence. Part of making a decision is following (...) (18 years ago, 4-Apr-06, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: Warnings( was: WAKE UP!)

(...) I do indeed understand. Another issue, especially with the long absense of Adminship, is to restore the feeling that there is law and order. That happens with people seeing consequences. If Eric had just suddenly stopped posting, there would (...) (18 years ago, 4-Apr-06, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Warnings( was: WAKE UP!)

(...) Another question: Assumming the rules are stated and understood by all, and "sentences" are fairly standardized, need non-admins be informed of the duration of something like a time-out? I worry about this because I don't want to see people (...) (18 years ago, 4-Apr-06, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Warnings( was: WAKE UP!)

(...) Yes. When it comes to mechanics, I see this as the only way. It simplifies the process, avoids potential chaos and builds respect for the authority. But that doesn't mean the admin need not be influenced by, say, an outcry from the people. (...) (18 years ago, 4-Apr-06, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Warnings( was: WAKE UP!)

(...) This is a difficult question to answer in specifics. I'm tempted to re-word your question from, "Should admins disregard.." to, "Should admins consider.." which makes it an easy: "Yes." LUGNET users' voices are always counting for something, (...) (18 years ago, 4-Apr-06, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: Lugnet: WAKE UP!

(...) Thanks Suz, Sorry to have to dump this here, it just keeps coming up over and over, and I felt it should be addressed. In happier news, I hope once the Lugnet dust settles, you enjoy your well deserved break, and I hope to see you, at a fest, (...) (18 years ago, 4-Apr-06, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Lugnet: WAKE UP!

(...) Cheers to you both for doing your own thing and for doing it well. I see JLUG as an example of some natural evolution within a community. There was a need for a bar to hang on, and you built it. bravo. -Suz (18 years ago, 4-Apr-06, to lugnet.admin.general)

  clarification

Some people seem to think I'm in the midst of a decision. Jake, Lenny and others have refered to "making up my mind" or somesuch about what to do with the website. Perhaps those people missed what I said here: (URL) recently I said that there's been (...) (18 years ago, 4-Apr-06, to lugnet.admin.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact