 Administrative / General / 13443
Re: clarification
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 5 Apr 2006 09:18:10 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Leonard Hoffman wrote:
In lugnet.admin.general, Suzanne Rich Green wrote:
Some people seem to think I'm in the midst of a decision. Jake, Lenny and
others have refered to "making up my mind" or somesuch about what to do with
the website. Perhaps those people missed what I said here:

http://news.lugnet.com/admin/terms/?n=582

Elsewhere recently I said that there's been no change of plan, only that
there was a delay but now it's over.

I didn't miss it.  However, you haven't post here or on your
<http://community.livejournal.com/lugnet/ blog> since August.

I don't intend to continue using that site for discussion. It was mainly
intended for the period of time leading up to an announcement on LUGNET and at
BrickFest which ended like this:
  http://news.lugnet.com/announce/?n=3007

Rumor was that you had decided against giving Lugnet to Rene,

I hadn't heard that. There was never any doubt of the plan by me.

What are the issues involved in finalization?

still figuring this out. I'll have to answer in bits...

I mentioned the hardware issue.

I'm concerned about finding someone to lead the LUGNET development project at
someplace like SourceForge. I've heard from coders offering support, but no one
who would be willing to head a team. I imagine the job will be messy, but very
rewarding.

Can you give us any sort of timeline for that finalization?

I dare not guess.

Will the hand over be immeadiate, or will there be some sort of phasing
between one administration to another?

I'm not sure what "phasing" would entail, but I can't imagine anything that'll
be done at an intentionally gradual pace.

Will the hand over be the ownership of Lugnet, or just Admin
responsibilities?

This is a handover of everything. One of the few things we might want to retain
is copyright on the logo.

Is the TOS going to be updated?

Not by me.

Is there going to be a change in how membership works?

That'll be up to the new folks.

And I deeply hope that things in your life get better.

thanks.

-Suz