 Administrative / General / 13426
13425  |  13427
Subject:
clarification
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 4 Apr 2006 06:47:08 GMT

Some people seem to think I'm in the midst of a decision. Jake, Lenny and others
have refered to "making up my mind" or somesuch about what to do with the
website. Perhaps those people missed what I said here:

http://news.lugnet.com/admin/terms/?n=582

Elsewhere recently I said that there's been no change of plan, only that there
was a delay but now it's over.

http://news.lugnet.com/admin/general/?n=13331

I'll say it again, so there's no mistake: Todd and I are giving up LUGNET. Rene
is taking over. It's only a matter of finalizing things, which I'm working on
now.

Let's use this thread for you to ask me specific questions. I'll do my best to
answer them.

Some issues, like the making of rules regarding "time-outs", duration of those,
and how to notify the community of the new rules, etc. would take a lot of time
for me to sort out and make decisions on. I have no intention of being a future
admin here. So, considering that I'm not going to be enforcing them, I'd rather
leave those issues to the next administrators. ..Maybe this sounds like I'm
wimping out, but I want to focus on the transition itself. nuts and bolts.

-Suz