 Announcements / 3007
3006  |  3008
Subject:
LEGNET to change hands while continuing normal operation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 13 Aug 2005 11:52:13 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Dear readers,

As some of you may have already known, Todd Lehman and I recently decided to limit our involvement in LUGNET to the end of this Fall. We both will always love LUGNET and feel great pride in what its users have grown it into, but we have fresh endeavors to pursue now. Mine, incidentally, will continue to keep me busy within the AFOL Community where my heart lies.

I’ve worked hard for the past few months on finding the best person, or people, to adopt the project. I feel extremely fortunate and pleased to announce that LUGNET will live on and prosper in the very capable hands of René Hoffmeister.

For those of you who don’t recognize that name, René is a long-time AFOL (and LUGNET member number 293!) who founded 1000steine.de - the successful web-based community for German adult LEGO enthusiasts - back in 1999, around the same time of LUGNET’s birth. He is fluent in English; is a proud Dad; and possesses a natural knack for organizing groups of volunteers.

These days, he devotes full time to planning LEGO-related events, fostering his community’s healthy relationship with The LEGO Group, and maintaining his own servers which host 1000steine and provide others in our greater community with free webspace and bandwidth.

I can not stress enough, the value of his unwavering dedication to furthering the hobby and his selflessly working toward an ideal vision for the adult LEGO-using community. The LUGNET membership and its other users will be in truly in good hands. I’ve always had tremendous respect for René. He has my complete confidence for moving us forward.

Over the next few months, Todd and I will be sorting out details. For now, let’s all give a big cheer for René and proceed to celebrate his new role in our community! This is truly great news, and it marks a new age of positive potential for us.

So, “Yea yeay, René! Welcome, and thank you.”

Sincerely,

Suzanne Rich Green and Todd Lehman co-founders of LUGNET