 General / 51425
Re: LEGNET to change hands while continuing normal operation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sun, 14 Aug 2005 01:09:20 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.announce, Suzanne Rich Green wrote:
Dear readers,

As some of you may have already known, Todd Lehman and I recently decided to
limit our involvement in LUGNET to the end of this Fall. We both will always
love LUGNET and feel great pride in what its users have grown it into, but we
have fresh endeavors to pursue now. Mine, incidentally, will continue to keep
me busy within the AFOL Community where my heart lies.

I've worked hard for the past few months on finding the best person, or
people, to adopt the project. I feel extremely fortunate and pleased to
announce that LUGNET will live on and prosper in the very capable hands of
René Hoffmeister.

For those of you who don't recognize that name, René is a long-time AFOL (and
LUGNET member number <http://www.lugnet.com/people/members/?m=293 293>!) who
founded <http://www.1000steine.de/ 1000steine.de> - the successful web-based
community for German adult LEGO enthusiasts - back in 1999, around the same
time of LUGNET's birth. He is fluent in English; is a proud Dad; and
possesses a natural knack for organizing groups of volunteers.

These days, he devotes full time to planning LEGO-related events, fostering
his community's healthy relationship with The LEGO Group, and maintaining his
own servers which host 1000steine and provide others in our greater community
with free webspace and bandwidth.

I can not stress enough, the value of his unwavering dedication to furthering
the hobby and his selflessly working toward an ideal vision for the adult
LEGO-using community. The LUGNET membership and its other users will be in
truly in good hands. I've always had tremendous respect for René. He has my
complete confidence for moving us forward.

Over the next few months, Todd and I will be sorting out details. For now,
let's all give a big cheer for René and proceed to celebrate his new role in
our community! This is truly great news, and it marks a new age of positive
potential for us.

So, "Yea yeay, René! Welcome, and thank you."

Sincerely,

Suzanne Rich Green and Todd Lehman
co-founders of LUGNET

As someone who had Lugnet as his home page for the last five years, I want to
thank you and Todd for all the hard (and excelent) work you've done with Lugnet.
Without Lugnet my Internet and Lego experience wouldn't have been nearly as
enjoyable.

I wish you best of luck with all of your new endevours.

- David