 Administrative / General / 13439
13438  |  13440
Subject:
And now for something complete different (a.k.a Let's help Rene design the future of LUGNET)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 5 Apr 2006 01:53:27 GMT

Let's start a thread to help define what we would like LUGNET to evolve
into...to update the LUGNET Plan.

First of all, if you haven't read the plan, check it out...
http://www.lugnet.com/admin/plan/

A lot of the focuses in the plan have been implemented to some degree by many
other sites (Peeron, Bricklink, etc)

Taking that into account, what what you like to see LUGNET become?

I'll start this off with some ideas I've thought of...

Capabilities/Services

Cross Reference Set Database - official sets are cross-referenced with
MOCs/projects using to generate ideas for further creativity - kinda like the
LEGO Factory online instruction ideas - think of this as the online version of
the old idea books at the end of the old instructions

Improved Collection Tracking System - Integration with Bricklink and Peeron
(maybe even S@H) to provide a holistic view of one's collection with the least
amount of manual data entry

Project Collaboration - As groups want to work on a project together (for
instance a train show, competition, NXT code, etc) a team/event portal could be
quickly populated to allow the group to collaborate and provide visibility to
the project - cross referenced with people, sets, groups, themes - and exist
after the project has ended as an artifact storage site to further creativity.

Pick a Brick tracker - with an intuitive interface for data entry and cross
referenced with Peeron, a PAB tracker to help us know what's at the PABs