 Administrative / General / 13438
13437  |  13439
Subject:
Child-like behavior
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 4 Apr 2006 19:49:15 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

First, I apologize if I am not posting this message in the correct arena. I'm
kind of new to this type of thing.

I have been reading various negative comments regarding Lugnet and its
administration. I believe there is a perceived lack of discipline being handed
down to people who make vulgar posts, threatening posts, etc.

My question is a fairly simple one. Why are people being so self-centered, and
cruel to each other?

I guess I could be accused of being simple minded, but I thought that this (
Lugnet ) was a place for people who LOVED Lego and desired to share ideas with
other similarly minded people.

We are mostly adults, enjoying a child's toy. Am I wrong here? Working with Lego
takes me away from some of the stresses of life, and serves to lower my high
blood pressure. We're not supposed to be arguing here. We're supposed to be
sharing thoughts, giving suggestions, helping each other.

There are numerous other websites that thrive on confrontation. They welcome
foul language. Does anyone remember "If you can't say anything nice..."

Don't blame the management team for the actions of a few select people. My
suggestion ( simple, again ) is to totally ignore those who can not act in a
civil manner. Will that cause them to stop? Probably not. But after a while they
will probably give up and just fade away. After all, you can't carry on an
argument ( foul mouthed or otherwise ) with only one participant.

Don't ruin this thing for me, and others like me. If you insist on being a foul
mouthed, angry person ( and you know who you are ), then just go away and leave
us alone. Pick a fight somewhere else. My friends and I just want to play.