 Administrative / General / 13483
Re: And now for something complete different (a.k.a Let's help Rene design the future of LUGNET)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sun, 9 Apr 2006 14:27:04 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.admin.general, Bert Waters wrote:
   What would we like LUGNET to evolve into?

Well, since you ask...

I’d like to see Lugnet reconnect as the central hub of the community by incorporating efforts of all of the major subcommunity forums. I’m not sure what would be involved technically, but I’d think it would be very cool to visit Lugnet and be able to catch up on whats happening at 1000steine, CSF, CC, FBTB, EuroBricks, BZPower, bam! Something like ILENN but more robust - like ILENN and Lugnet combined into a superhub.

Maybe also have each subcommunity site with a special forum at Lugnet that would create a post in both places at the same time. So that people people could use Lugnet and the subforum simultaneouslu.

Another thing that I’d love to see Lugnet get into is Building Articles. I’ve done a few for CC, and it would be cool to see a comprehensive list that people can add their own articles to. I think thats a big thing for Lugnet - to get to the place where users can actively add content to the system as a whole. I think it will make the Admin’s tasks that much easier and the whole place funner and more worthwhile.

-Lenny