 Administrative / General / 13223
Re: Lugnet's Problem? (was Re: Eric's mouth problem (was Re: Moonbase Module - Mech Bay 07))
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 22 Sep 2005 00:54:06 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.admin.general, Leonard Hoffman wrote:

Predictably, the self-appointed ‘communtiy’ policeman pokes his fuzzy head in. Seems you only post to Lugnet when there’s a shitfight on these days Lenny. Why is that? You’re not an admin any more. Or are you? Or did you resign again?

   I’d like to say that I agree with Mark. Eric and I haven’t had the best of relationships but I do know two things. First, Eric usually means well,

“The road to hell is paved with good intentions.” Meaning well is no justification for the repeated chucking of tantrums.

   and second, it is easier to just let him do his thing.

What sort of lame-arse justification is that for his behaviour? I’ve been watching him ‘do his thing’ for ages. Unfortunately ‘his thing’ involves frequently posting lengthy tirades at even the smallest inkling that someone might not be utterly fascinated with the minutiae of his life. BOOORING. So I took a bit of a sarcastic pot-shot at something he wrote. Big deal! Do you really think that his response, which was far more laden with negativity and hate than anything I’ve ever posted here, was appropriate?

   What’s the harm in post after post detailing how he took his mech bay apart?

No harm. Boring, but harmless. And, as I think I rightly pointed out, more appropriate to the lugnet.storage group.

   Where is the need for a sarcastic and trollish responce?

Where is the ‘need’ for anything posted here? Why is my response being held to a different standard here? If Eric had any sense in his brain he’d have ignored it. I would’ve. If it’s all the same to you, I’ll continue to ‘do my thing’ too. Don’t like it? Tough. You too are free to stick your head in and post ‘your thing’ too, but don’t expect me to roll over just because you don’t like what I write.

   What does it do to not only hurt Eric, but also hurt everyone else?

If it ‘hurts’ Eric, it by his own choice by reading ‘hate’ or whatever into a post when there was none. It’s time Eric learned to behave like an adult and start accepting responsibility for his own attitude.

So if I disagree about something, I’m not allowed to post it? Is that what you’re saying? If I find a post boring or pointless, I’m not allowed to say so? Is LUGNET supposed to be all nice and sweet, irrespective of what people actually think? That doesn’t sound very healthy IMO. If so let’s apply that standard universally. I assure you, Eric’s litany of negativity is far more voluminous than mine, not to mention yours, so set your sights on the correct target before posting your piece.

   Humor is best when it is shared amongst friends. But I’ve seen a lot of humor recently that has been pointed at someone.. usually someone weaker who can’t take it as easily. It just doesn’t make this place feel good.

So you’re an authority on humour now? Pardon me if I LMAO.

Allister