 Administrative / General / 13214
Re:Lugnet's Problem? (was Re: Eric's mouth problem (was Re: Moonbase Module - Mech Bay 07))
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 21 Sep 2005 21:44:09 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

<some insulting stuff, snipped>

<some even more insulting stuff, snipped>

<yet more &*%#$ stuff, also snipped>

You know what I see?  An established web forum with little traffic.  I see a guy
who at one time has probably pissed of everyone on Lugnet (yeah, I am among
them) trying to create traffic.

Was it inspired or significantly poignant?  No, but certainly not worth of the
deluge of wrath that he received.  It certainly isn't original either.  Others
have posted progress information about disassembly of some project of their own.
Or sorting processes of some influx of Lego. (usually on BS)  Is it interesting?
To me, kinda, but not especially.  Did it belong in the same thread as his
original post?  Well if you look at how other board systems work, absolutely.
It eliminates clutter of stray posts and keeps topics together in one string.
Is it babbling sort of stuff?  Certainly, but c'mon.  Isn't half the internet
that?

Is Eric an ego head?  Oh yeah.  Does he know it?  Oh yeah.

I read other forums and people post stuff like this.  It gets a "meh" usually,
which is all it should be worth.

And make no mistake.  Eric has pissed me off on occasion.  But it's my choice to
let that go or not.  Once I know who Eric is I can choose to accept him for who
he is, or not.  I can also choose to be a vindictive sort and attack him at any
given opportunity, but that sort of action isn't good for the Karma and I choose
not to do it.

Imagine what fun it would be if you're at a gathering of people and you say,
"wow, what nice weather we're having eh?" (or something equally chit-chatty) and
you get punched in the face by 10 people for being an a$$*&#3.

So we've all made Eric into a pariah. (or so he has made himself, depending on
your point of view)  Isn't that enough?