 Administrative / General / 13215
Re: Lugnet's Problem? (was Re: Eric's mouth problem (was Re: Moonbase Module - Mech Bay 07))
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 21 Sep 2005 22:45:18 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Mark Neumann wrote:

-snip-

   Once I know who Eric is I can choose to accept him for who he is, or not. I can also choose to be a vindictive sort and attack him at any given opportunity, but that sort of action isn’t good for the Karma and I choose not to do it.

-snip-

   So we’ve all made Eric into a pariah. (or so he has made himself, depending on your point of view) Isn’t that enough?

I’d like to say that I agree with Mark. Eric and I haven’t had the best of relationships but I do know two things. First, Eric usually means well, and second, it is easier to just let him do his thing. What’s the harm in post after post detailing how he took his mech bay apart? Where is the need for a sarcastic and trollish responce? What does it do to not only hurt Eric, but also hurt everyone else?

Humor is best when it is shared amongst friends. But I’ve seen a lot of humor recently that has been pointed at someone.. usually someone weaker who can’t take it as easily. It just doesn’t make this place feel good.

-Lenny