 Administrative / Search Results: suggest
 Results 321 – 340 of 403.
Search took 0.00 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Perl-based bulk set IDer...

(...) Say, did you know about the "output=plain" option? For example, (URL) a simpler output mode which makes parsing easier, and it's much less bandwidth (about 1/10 the page size). Actually, rather than parsing, it was really created for the (...) (25 years ago, 21-Jul-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 1.000)

  Re: eudora thread bug

(...) Could you not swear, please? It dilutes your message and makes you look like you're either incapable of expressing your sentiments in a thoughtful manner, or that you're immature. I don't think either of those actually apply. I'm with Mike, I (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 1.000)

  Re: Stick in the mud...

(...) What makes you think users "forget" or are "lazy" if they don't enter a trailing slash? Do you honestly believe that the majority of users even know they they "should" put in the trailing slash? (...) You may have the technical slant on your (...) (24 years ago, 13-Jun-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 1.000)

  Re: 2001 Set info

(...) I have (and don't worry, I'm not likely to go postal over it!) Forgive me for asking, but I thought the _purpose_ of LUGNET was to: www.lugnet.com/admin/plan do all of the above. The limits on LUGNET are imposed by: (...) (24 years ago, 10-Aug-00, to lugnet.admin.terms)

suggest
(score: 1.000)

  Re: Profanity (was Re: Lego(r) Master Maniac designation?)

Also sprach Moz (Chris Moseley): : For instance, RTL is a venue that allows, even encourages, completely : free expression. If you can't post within reasonable bounds then perhaps : RTL is more your cup of tea than LugNet is? That's the thing, (...) (26 years ago, 31-Dec-98, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 1.000)

  Outlook Express problems

(...) Mike, what you are asking for is a modification to the newsserver in order to work around a bug in Microsoft Outlook Express. That bug -- and I have no idea how or why it manifests itself -- only that most people don't see it, yet several (...) (25 years ago, 2-Jun-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 1.000)

  Re: New 9V Digital Trains for Germany this Autumn

(...) Article ratings aren't supposed to be feedback. The ratings are supposed to describe to readers approximately how helpful or useful or interesting or fun an article might be to them -- giving them some sense of what to expect. (...) What's (...) (24 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 1.000)

  Re: Lugnet clone handling? (was: Re: LEGO clone auction)

(...) Sure, but that 'l' is there in .off-topic.x and .loc.x too. So this means that the rest of the newsfroup's name can override the 'l'. Why then, doesn't the 'build' in lugnet.build or the 'announce' in lugnet.announce also override the 'l'? (I (...) (26 years ago, 29-Mar-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 1.000)

  Re: Change in LUGNET news appearance

(...) I hate to start in on this thread because I know it will become political, but I have to question doing this FOR ONE SIMPLE REASON. I was browsing (not logged in because after six attempts over the last few years to get my account reset so I (...) (17 years ago, 18-Dec-07, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 1.000)

  Re: Signing off...till March

(...) reading all of admin.general, so you needn't (mis)quote it back to me, and further, I read what Todd says (in his posts here, and in his emails to me when we occasionally correspond about things) pretty carefully...(1) The outage happened (...) (21 years ago, 27-Jan-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 1.000)

  Re: Mailing list gateways

Steve Bliss wrote in message <36adb6d8.922755@lugnet.com>... (...) I like the lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dat, and lugnet.cad.dev heirarchy best. If we ever got to the point where lugnet.cad was getting a hundred post a day, it might make sense to (...) (26 years ago, 27-Jan-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 1.000)

  Re: More spam (Was: VERY CHEAP SPACE SETS!)

FUT off-topic.debate In lugnet.admin.general, Larry Pieniazek writes: <snip> (...) To paraphrase a famous line from Rainman... "Hotmail Sucks" I briefly had a hotmail account (actually I still do I don't think they ever go away) until I got the (...) (24 years ago, 12-May-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 1.000)

  Re: Bulk Lego Auctions

(...) Is it true that there's no easy way? When I was viewing lugnet via NNTP I had my newsreader set to never discard posts (that was a long time ago, it took a lot less space than it would now) so I could go look at post #1 in a group without too (...) (23 years ago, 4-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 1.000)

  Re: What do the set numbers mean?

Hi Joshua, I've the admin right to the lugnet database, too, but have not much time to enter the missing sets/pictures to the database recently, and this seems to be continuing for a while. I have more than 600 pics (of sets already in database but (...) (25 years ago, 13-May-99, to lugnet.faq, lugnet.admin.database)

suggest
(score: 1.000)

  Re: "Some pigs are more equal than other pigs"

(...) Assuming the information is "personal" rather than "common knowledge". (...) I'm not sure what Ken means here, some elaboration might be helpful. What is it that I've been picky about, exactly? And how does my being "picky" correlate to the (...) (20 years ago, 23-Jan-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 1.000)

  A Change

.A Change ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ (Not so much a` BIG change, but a `SMALL improvement!) !An open letter to the Lugnet community and it’s creators: I'm proposing that a change take place in our lovely Lugnet community. Not a radical revolution, but simply just a (...) (21 years ago, 8-May-03, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.people, lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.curators, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.announce)

suggest
(score: 1.000)

  Re: Specific problem: finding members - general conclusion: principle of least surprise needed on Lugnet

(...) And voila, now it does! That was a quick fix! It did a very fast redirect to: (URL) I would do the training page thing by showing people they need to go to the right place but just a redirect is fine.. Here are a few more I found by trying (...) (25 years ago, 14-Jan-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 1.000)

  Leapyears (was Y2K problem with lugnet! (was Re: Help...))

In lugnet.admin.general, Todd Lehman writes: ... (...) Way back in 1983, someone reported a "problem" with our operating system not figuring leap years correctly, and was given this explanation (and I was worried about posting this until I found it (...) (25 years ago, 4-Jan-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 1.000)

  Charter for lugnet.announce.lsahs

(...) Allrighty then, I count four people (Gary L, Ben G, Tom McD, and me) who are in favor of the name being lugnet.announce.lsahs and no one yet directly opposed to that specific name. Linc S listed some other possibilities (...) (26 years ago, 17-Jan-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 1.000)

  Re: Lar's hoppers

(...) Hmm, a group like that could certainly be a lot of pun. Actually, I think people have secretly been lusting after this for months. Would you call it lugnet.off-topic.pun or lugnet.off-topic.puns or lugnet.off-topic.fun.pun or (...) (25 years ago, 28-Apr-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

suggest
(score: 1.000)

More:  Next Page >>