 Administrative / Search Results: internet mail service
 Results 801 – 820 of about 2200.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  patience please

Hi all, I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed by the amount of stuff I really want to reply to here.. - Right now I'm writing a summary of my opinions on the posting privileges issue, because I see people making false assumptions. I'd also like to set up a (...) (22 years ago, 18-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.340)

  Re: Group in Subject: Header for News-by-Mail

(...) but that would be mangling the messages... which means when you reply to that message, with it's [...], the subject will not be the same as it would have been if you replied from the web interface or NNTP... I guess we could set up an incoming (...) (22 years ago, 13-Jun-02, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

mail
(score: 0.339)

  Re: Screwy email for Server

(...) yah, proper "vacation" programs should know not to respond to "bulk" mail. Unfortunately, some of the more common implementations are not so smart. (...) that is because that mail server (I think it's exchange?) does not reply to mail (...) (22 years ago, 7-Jun-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.339)

  Re: New stock in - Look before I auction it.

(...) Alison, Are you trying to sneak an auction announcement into the .buy-sell-trade group or was this just an accidental oversight? Please re-read the LUGNET Terms of Use Agreement if you are confused: (URL) please re-read the second sentence of (...) (24 years ago, 4-Oct-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.admin.terms)

internet
(score: 0.339)

  Re: What's next for MindStorms

(...) what mail client do you use to post? Some mail clients don't put the correct headers in the reply, making it impossible to thread. Dan (22 years ago, 1-Jun-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.339)

  Re: LUGNET Memberships

(...) I was thinking more from the perspective of what you are going to create that will have a span of 9 months and not what might happen on the internet outside of LUGNET in 9 months. This still doesn't explain why you have a sophisticated (...) (24 years ago, 28-Sep-00, to lugnet.people, lugnet.admin.general)

internet
(score: 0.338)

  Re: comments in FTX ?

(...) This is a really good question. I wish I could answer it.. :-) I want to say yes. ..knowing Todd, there are probably 5 or 6 ways to add comments that only he knows about. Yesterday I asked him via e-mail. I'm sure we'll hear back soon. -Suz (22 years ago, 6-Jun-02, to lugnet.admin.curators)

mail
(score: 0.338)

  Re: Any having trouble accessing lugnet.com subdomains?

(...) This probably helps not at all, but FWIW, I'll comment that we've had similar problems with other websites, and yes, even with LUGNET when connecting through Juno (god how I'd kill to not have to use a modem). Anyway, suffice to say that the (...) (24 years ago, 25-Sep-00, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

internet
(score: 0.338)

  Wal-Mart commission

Cool, I just got mail from WM. Effect on June 11, 2002 commissions on toys increase from 5% to 7%. Not that I expect we'll make a bundle of cash this way, but I thought it was interesting to see a place increase rather than decrease. -Suz (22 years ago, 30-May-02, to lugnet.admin.finance)

mail
(score: 0.337)

  Re: 1 day to GO !!!!

(...) [SNIP!] For future use, please be advised that the only newsgroup in which to post auction announcements is ".auction". This is clearly spelled out in the LUGNet "Terms of Service". Thank you, Franklin (24 years ago, 7-Jan-01, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.admin.general)

service
(score: 0.337)

  Re: Help: Leading Spaces?

(...) Well at 56k I don't really want to download another browser to try. A little background here: I normally connect via DSL where I live in Ontario. Currently I am in N.B. at my folks' place. So I am dialing into a local "roamer service" number (...) (24 years ago, 31-Dec-00, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

service
(score: 0.336)

  New Policy on Bickering in LUGNET Newsgroups

Effective immediately, the LUGNET administration is enacting a new policy aimed at cutting down on bickering in the newsgroups. We understand that emotions and impulses can come into play when things get heated. In times like that, it's often (...) (22 years ago, 24-May-02, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.admin.terms) !!

mail
(score: 0.336)

  Re: Lugnet Chat

(...) Some thoughts on chat and identity theft issues: I wouldn't generally think of NNTP or e-mail as being the clients of choice for a chat room, I would see logging on through a web client as being the means of use. Of course this might make chat (...) (22 years ago, 16-May-02, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

mail
(score: 0.335)

  Re: Authenticating Posts is a real Pain

(...) We do need a better way to authenticate but unfortunately, the NNTP password system just doesn't do what is necessary. I haven't noticed too much lag, though every once in a while, an authentication e-mail never arrives (Dan sent me an e-mail (...) (22 years ago, 13-May-02, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

mail
(score: 0.335)

  Re: Block user X from replying to a message by user Y

(...) I agree. What Larry is doing is doing nothing for LUGNET, I wish he would just stand back and think about that. I have him told as much via e-mail. Scott A (...) (22 years ago, 15-May-02, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.general)

mail
(score: 0.335)

  Re: Question on Age Requirements

(...) defenitly seems so - just do a news search on "Keith Kirchoff"... Keith? How are you posting? Looks like you're using the mail interface, but what program are you using to send the mail? (22 years ago, 10-May-02, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

mail
(score: 0.335)

  Re: Block user X from replying to a message by user Y

(...) I think what you're saying is that you don't want me to expect everyone to just "be quiet and take it" if they feel offended. If that's what you're expressing concern over, I can understand and it's a good point. But I'd tell you not to worry (...) (22 years ago, 13-May-02, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

mail
(score: 0.335)

  lugnet.castle post gone missing...

Hmmm, a lugnet.castle post of mine may have gone missing. I haven't seen a verification e-mail for it yet, but got one for two posts made subsequently. Frank (22 years ago, 12-May-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

I agree with Dave on this, it would be easier if the news server required password authentication instead of having to reply to every post that I make via e-mail. Troy "David Stonestreet" <rockroad@-takeout-mac.com> wrote in message (...) (22 years ago, 12-May-02, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

mail
(score: 0.335)

  Re: Question on Age Requirements

Dan: I'm replying via Hotmail. The posts get sent to me via e-mail, and I reply to them that way. Am I not supposed to? KEith (...) KEith ___...___ Send and receive Hotmail on your mobile device: (URL) (22 years ago, 11-May-02, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

mail
(score: 0.335)

More:  Next Page >>