 Administrative / Suggestions / 358
Re: Group in Subject: Header for News-by-Mail
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.suggestions
Date:
Thu, 13 Jun 2002 20:52:01 GMT

In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Thomas Garrison writes:
I suggest that there be an optional feature for those reading LUGNET by
mail to have the name of the newsgroup appear in the Subject: line, in the
usual fashion.  That is,
Subject: [lugnet.admin.suggestions] Re: Curator List
so users could tell right away which mail in their inboxes was from LUGNET
newsgroups.

but that would be mangling the messages...  which means when you reply to
that message, with it's [...], the subject will not be the same as it would
have been if you replied from the web interface or NNTP...

I guess we could set up an incoming mail filter on the server to remove all
the [lugnet.*] part in the subject, but that might be more effort than it's
worth...

comments?

Dan