 Administrative / Search Results: internet mail service
 Results 641 – 660 of about 2200.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Mindstorms (more than just robotics?)

(...) <snip> Todd, go check out the threading (as seen by nntp) on the referenced message... I think replies to posts that are made by people getting posts via mail are not being threaded properly. This post should be a reply to mine. (26 years ago, 6-Nov-98, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.238)

  Re: News-by-Mail Subscriptions (Sat 28 Nov 1998)

Just out of curiosity, I'm wondering if anyone else besides me reads these? And, if so, is there a way to mark a change in the numbers? More fundamentally, are these high value add to anyone other than Todd? (...) <snip> (...) Do we have anyone (...) (26 years ago, 28-Nov-98, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.237)

  Re: Problem with Web LUGNET

(...) I am quite sure it does work. The base URL should be stripped to the last separator ("/"), and the relative URL's in the document should be appended to the stripped version of the base URL. Your example should be processed as <A Href="(URL) (...) (26 years ago, 9-Nov-98, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.237)

  http server fell down

Apache (the HTTP server on lugnet.com) fell down a few hours ago at midnight. Apparently a cron job is stuck doing a 'ps' and the reaper hasn't killed it because it's gobbling up CPU cycles. This may or may not be related, but it's a clue. Not sure (...) (26 years ago, 11-Nov-98, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.237)

  Re: Incorrect Links on SW Sidebar

(...) Would the real ACPin, please stand up? What in the universe IS your real name? Do you get self gratification by having this aura of mystery around yourself? Granted, you have *some* cool MOC's on your over large website (compensating for (...) (20 years ago, 18-Jan-05, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.admin.curators)

internet
(score: 1.237)

  New sets for the DB

Please add the following service packs to the catalog, source is MISP sets. The names are descriptive and may not be official: #1112 {Train Sliding Wheel Blocks} #1150 {Replacement motor 12V} #1151 {Train Power Pick-up Block} #1174 Motor Housing - (...) (21 years ago, 5-Jan-04, to lugnet.admin.database)

service
(score: 1.237)

  Re: possible temporary retirement from curatorship...

(...) Thanks for the heads up. To all, if you're interested, please do volunteer! It's fun, not hard and is a valuable community service. If you can involve Ben in the volunteer process that helps, (that is, do it quick if you can... that way Ben (...) (21 years ago, 31-Dec-03, to lugnet.admin.curators, lugnet.castle)

"Todd Lehman" <tsl@tsl.bu.edu> wrote in message news:IAKu8G.nH2@lugnet.com... (...) Heh, reminded me of a song lyric --> "You're too old. Let go; its over. Nobody listens to techno". I've got a techno remix of that mixed in with a Moby song. It's (...) (20 years ago, 19-Jan-05, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.admin.curators)

internet
(score: 1.237)

  Re: Incorrect Links on SW Sidebar

I fully agree with Geoff! However, I do have a highspeed internet connection, but it still takes ages to load. And I do not have the site in the temporary cache, as I don't visit this site daily. So I rather stick with the fast loading sites. Take (...) (20 years ago, 23-Jan-05, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.admin.curators)

internet
(score: 1.236)

  Re: Confirmation code?

(...) No, it's not new. The confirmation code thing has been there on/for the News-by-Mail subscriptions page (URL) it was added about a month ago. --Todd (26 years ago, 7-Dec-98, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.236)

  Re: "fired"?

(...) I'm not a paying member. The quote is exact. It just demonstrates the ignorance of those making the decisions. As a part time bottom of the barrel nothing I still signed a non-disclosure agreement at the time of hire. They are parinoid latly (...) (20 years ago, 22-Jan-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet
(score: 1.236)

  Re: Response highlighting

Snip... (...) I, too, do not like the color change. However, I believe that a ‘letter’ to TLC regarding such would have been better presented on a website with a form that users could complete, sans debate. Anyhow, that’s not why I am writing (...) (20 years ago, 21-Jan-05, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, FTX)

internet
(score: 1.236)

  "Some pigs are more equal than other pigs"

On Tuesday the 18th I extended a simple invitation for people to Visit NILTC’s next show: (URL) was responded to by Larry Pieniazek, The curator for lugnet.trains thus: (URL) copy came from the library who is very excited about this show. I would (...) (20 years ago, 22-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.niltc, lugnet.org.us.clb, lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.terms) !

internet
(score: 1.236)

  Re: Still getting cad.dev through e-mail

(...) I take it your mail is automatically forwarded from utah-inter.net to geocities? (...) At the News-by-Mail page (URL) in the your other e-mail address (which is still subscribed to lugnet.cad.dev) and its confirmation code, then click Continue (...) (26 years ago, 17-Feb-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.236)

  Re: Language Choices and LUGNET

(...) You assume that the membership is representative of the community.(?) (...) You forget that this is the friendliest place on the internet! ;) (...) Hmm. Perhaps Kerry should be "eliminated forever". ;) Scott A (...) (20 years ago, 27-Jan-05, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, FTX)

internet
(score: 1.236)

  News-by-Mail confusion

<sigh> I just got an e-mail from someone who yelled at me for sending him e-mail. He had signed up to receive lugnet.cad and lugnet.dear-lego via e-mail, so naturally he received the messages posted earlier today. He had apparently either forgotten (...) (26 years ago, 14-Feb-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.235)

  Re: DNS outage, service restored

(...) Todd, I checked internic's whois database when Lugnet was down, and it had an expiry date of 17 jan 2005. It has since been updated, but I'd definitely query Network Solutions about this. (URL) (21 years ago, 27-Jan-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

service
(score: 1.234)

  New set for DB: 1116 Chain Links

Please add this service pack to the database: 1116 Chain Links Info is here: (URL) picture is here (from the above post): (URL) (21 years ago, 21-Jan-04, to lugnet.admin.database)

service
(score: 1.234)

  Re: leaving LUGNET

(...) slightest inclination to DO it, but I suppose I could imagine that it's a legitimate thing to want, if you want to no longer have your member page displayed to the public internet. Maybe you want to hide your name or something, and would (...) (20 years ago, 4-Feb-05, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

internet
(score: 1.234)

  Lugnet.robotics and the Robotics List

At first I was very hesitant to have the mail list join the Lugnet robotics group, but now I am very glad it did. The increase in membership, and knowledge was a welcome improvment. It is also nice to be able to keep up with the advancements in (...) (26 years ago, 16-Dec-98, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.234)

More:  Next Page >>