 Administrative / Suggestions / 1103
Re: Response highlighting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.suggestions
Date:
Fri, 21 Jan 2005 18:01:25 GMT

Snip...

In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Felix Greco wrote:
   But if the admins could just remove responses from the top stories and allow them to be hihlighted in the debate arenas, I thinkk it would make a big difference. I, for one, would prefer to see the beginnings of interesting topics and MOC announcements in the top stories section.

Felix

I, too, do not like the color change. However, I believe that a ‘letter’ to TLC regarding such would have been better presented on a website with a form that users could complete, sans debate. Anyhow, that’s not why I am writing this...

I agree with Felix, Bruce and everyone on this thread, and wanted to add my two cents...One ‘suggestion’ to showcase the creativity of the community would be to re-work the Lugnet main page with 2 “Top” lists...The first one would be for the Top highly rated (or Spotlighted) MOCs only. The second one would be for the Top Stories (including announcements); no MOCs.

I thought that I had read somewhere (awhile ago) that the main Lugnet page was going to be revamped. IMHO, this is long overdue.

Meantime, I know that the Admins have their hands full, but are still trying to keep this “the friendliest place on the Internet”.

Nelson