 Administrative / Suggestions / 1096
1095  |  1097
Subject:
Response highlighting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.suggestions
Date:
Thu, 20 Jan 2005 15:48:21 GMT

I don't have time to do an exhaustive search of this newsgroup to see if this
issue has been resolved, but I know it has come up.  Please let me know if this
is old news that doesn't need to come up anymore.

But, can we do something about these responses in flame wars being spotlighted
and making it to the top stories area?  It currently only takes a handful of
people to spotlight a post when they think someone has said something clever in
these tedious debates that are always going on.  The current debate regarding
the open letter to the CEO was enough to make it to the top stories-- anyone who
clicked on it could follow the various responses of agreement or disagreement.
I dislike the current way in which the "woo wee, he really gave it to him!"

I doubt this could be done automatically.  But if the admins could just remove
arenas, I thinkk it would make a big difference.  I, for one, would prefer to
see the beginnings of interesting topics and MOC announcements in the top
stories section.

Felix