 Administrative / General / 1061
1060  |  1062
Subject:
News-by-Mail confusion
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sun, 14 Feb 1999 16:53:01 GMT

<sigh>

I just got an e-mail from someone who yelled at me for sending him e-mail.
He had signed up to receive lugnet.cad and lugnet.dear-lego via e-mail, so
naturally he received the messages posted earlier today.

He had apparently either forgotten that he'd signed up for those two groups
via e-mail or he didn't understand from the headers that the e-mail was
coming from the newsgroup and not [directly] from me.

What can I do about this?  (To avoid this confusion in the future, that is.)
Not everyone is going to look at the 'To' line and understand where the
message came from.

Maybe some short sign-up explanation at the News-by-Mail setup page,
explaining ahead of time that this will happen?  I don't want to make the
setup too intimidating, but it seems cruel not to explain this to people who
haven't had experiences on mailing lists.

--Todd