 Star Wars / 17177
Re: Incorrect Links on SW Sidebar
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.admin.curators
Date:
Wed, 19 Jan 2005 19:25:51 GMT

"Todd Lehman" <tsl@tsl.bu.edu> wrote in message news:IAKu8G.nH2@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.starwars, Rob Hendrix wrote:
Thanks Todd.  That helps put everything into focus for me.  I had NO idea I
wasn't funny.  Apparently I'm the only one who gets it.

Dude, how is it funny to insult someone to their face in a public forum?
Context is everything.

I must be getting really old and boring.

--Todd

Heh, reminded me of a song lyric --> "You're too old. Let go; its over.  Nobody
listens to techno".  I've got a techno remix of that mixed in with a Moby song.
It's rad!

OK, onto business

****copy of original post attached *WITH* explanations of how *I* thought it was
"funny"

Would the real ACPin, please stand up?
   Pop culture reference(1) and funny(2)

What in the universe IS your real name?
   Asking a nice question, since I solely use NNTP for lugnet.
   In NNTP the poster listed  in the author section is not always
   the persons real name(3).

Do you get self gratification by having this aura of mystery around yourself?
  Again, joke(2).  He never posts (hardly) except for announcing SW MOCs.
  That's just plain weird for people (like me) who absolutely LIVEd(4) on
  Lugnet.  ACPin doesn't even reply to most questions or comments people add
  to his posts.  Probably one of the reasons that quite a few lugnetters quit
  responding to his announcements...

Granted, you have *some* cool MOC's on your over large website (compensating for
something?), why the secrecy?
   Another joke(2).  While stating that I like some of his MOCs, I don't like
them all, which is a perfectly fair statement(2).  The joke(2) part was the
"compenstation" wisecrack - Another pop culture reference(5).

I say it's time for you to come out of the closet!
   Blatent humor(2).  I mean not in the implied definition, but the
   ACTUAL definition.  I would like to have more interaction with this truly
   unique person on lugnet.  We have NO idea what his interests are besides
   what he lets us see through his announcement posts...

Oh, and I visited the link you gave - DANG!  One small observation:

60 images on the front page?!?!?!  Seems a bit much, even for my high speed
internet connection.  Imagine the frustration of dialup'ers!
   As nice as I can possibly muster, this is a request.  No joke(2)

-Rob "uses his real name" Hendrix
   Duh, Joke(2)

Anyhoo-

Water under the bridge.  Name calling is the least of my worries at the present
moment.  Apparently it doesn't matter to ACPin, because he never replied public
OR private, nor will he probably EVER reply to someone's posts, so why does it
matter to the rest of you?  Seriously, DANG!  That post was directed to ACPin,
and he's not talking, why are you all?

May teh 3vil Jar Jar backwash into your favorite sippy cup...  Somebody get me a
drink, make it a double!

-3vil Brickmurdering DemiGod

Please FUT to admin.general - this is getting out of hand and I'm seriously
becoming edgy.  Don't make me start the mutilations again!

Footnotes

1) Eminem song title/lyrics reference
2) In my own slightly off-color opinion, but don't take my word for it,
   I mutilate perfectly good LEGO for fun and profit.  Now LEGO makes
   lightup figs "similar" to my own design.(6)
3) Not to pick on Richard, but in my NNTP author list, he is listed as
   BrikTrak.com, not Richard (but he does sign his posts with his name.
   I'm sure there are others, but I didn't look past this one as a reference.
4) I've decided to stop using lugnet as my window to the LEGO world until
   there comes a day where lugnet is a happy place to discuss LEGO like it
   used to be.  Its time to go back to the roots guys, just like LEGO did...
   This bickering is getting old and getting us no where.(6)
5) Shrek movie dialogue reference when Shrek and Donkey were discussing the
   size of King Fauntleroy's castle.
6) But that's another can of worms I'd rather not presently discuss.