 Administrative / Search Results: internet mail service
 Results 41 – 60 of about 2200.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Lugnet Newsgroups Anniversary!

(...) Aha -- found it! Here's that message: (URL) 'Date' header says "4 Oct 1998 00:00:00 GMT", which is obviously wrong, but there's another header which says "04 Oct 1998 17:13:50 CDT", which sounds right on. So if my TZ math is correct, this (...) (25 years ago, 4-Oct-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.announce)

internet, service
(score: 3.596)

  Re: Marketplace / BrickShops was:[Charter Change for market.buy-sell-trade]

(...) I think 6 months is a bit extreme, especially to start with. I would suggest 1 month as a minimum, but you can buy longer time periods for a slightly better price. Perhaps a listing fee plus a monthly fee, so that a multi-month ad ends up (...) (22 years ago, 24-Apr-02, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.admin.finance)

internet, service
(score: 3.596)

  Re: Forum shift

Hi all, I have taken a bit of time to follow the discussion as this is about a subject that René and I have been talking over on some occasions but without any final decisions yet. (...) Actually, the NNTP server in use is a fairly old but very (...) (14 years ago, 3-Nov-10, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet, service
(score: 3.596)

  Re: for the eyes of Suz (Was Re: For the Eyes of Alfred Speredelozzi

(...) Hi Bert - Thanks for the thoughtful comments. You're right, there will be the same social issues here as there are in any other community. One of the things that makes (made, because it doesn't seem to be happening now) LUGNET great was the (...) (23 years ago, 31-Dec-01, to lugnet.admin.general) !

internet, service
(score: 3.596)

  RE: Improper threading (was: Re: the latest news)

I don't know if this will work, but I tried setting up 'internet e-mail' or something similar for delivery method. Benjamin Whytcross BWhytcro@PacificAccess.com.au Ph: (03) 9856 5282 Directory Technology Pty Ltd 1/436 Elgar Road, Box Hill, 3128 (...) (24 years ago, 17-Apr-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet, mail
(score: 3.262)

  Re: What should be done about ratings

(...) Good point. I see a growing need for a "ratings HOW-TO" page. (...) If just anyone can rate a message, what's to keep me from creating 100 accounts and rating my posts up to "100" for whatever reason? Todd's taking steps to verify existance of (...) (24 years ago, 20-Apr-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet, mail
(score: 3.256)

  Now subscribe with Reply-To group or poster

Dear LUGNET News-by-Mail subscribers, I'm pleased to announce a new mail subscription feature... When you subscribe to a group by mail, you can now select whether you want to receive messages with replies directed to (a) just the poster/sender, or (...) (23 years ago, 21-Apr-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.announce)

internet, mail
(score: 3.256)

  Re: spam crusher

Todd Lehman (lehman@javanet.com) wrote: : "Say, that reminds me..." : I just noticed this spam at the bottom of someone's post: : ___...___ : Get the Internet just the way you want it. : Free software, free e-mail, and free Internet access for a (...) (25 years ago, 18-Jun-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet, mail
(score: 3.255)

  Re: Not getting e-mail from Lugnet?

[redirecting to .admin.general] (...) That's not too unusual -- email is one of the more unreliable forms of communication on the Internet (if you're looking for quick speed and that), although things almost always get delivered eventually. I just (...) (24 years ago, 18-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

internet, mail
(score: 3.255)

  Re: WARNING: spam from Helge Viker

(...) Helge, Thanks for letting us know what you are doing and that you are stoping your E-mails. I would note however that probably the main reason you only got 1 negative e-mail as feed back is probably because most Internet providers and E-mail (...) (24 years ago, 6-May-00, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

internet, mail
(score: 3.255)

  Re: Outlook Express problems

Mike Poindexter wrote in message ... (...) using (...) I'm not using the latest version of Outlook Express, and I don't use it for mail (I use fullblown Outlook 98 for mail), and have no problems. At work I use Netscape (for mail, news, and (...) (25 years ago, 3-Jun-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet, mail
(score: 3.255)

  Robotics subgroups by mail (was: sensors)

(...) That's correct. The lego-robotics@crynwr.com list is gatewayed with lugnet.robotics only and does not receive messages posted to any of its subgroups. (...) Well, in that case, I've got Killer News for ya! :) Not only is it feasible, but it's (...) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.admin.general)

internet, mail
(score: 3.253)

  RE: Improper threading (was: Re: the latest news)

1 minor problem...I don't have internet access here at work, nor news access...I only have e-mail..And now you're trying to take that from me :( {Trust me, if I had internet access, I'd be posting that way.] Benjamin Whytcross (...) (24 years ago, 17-Apr-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet, mail
(score: 3.253)

  Re: eudora thread bug

On this rare occasion, I find myself not agreeing with Lar here. Personal experience with Netscape News has been very troublesome. I love Netscape Navigator but Net-News likes to crash my machine or at least freeze it up whenever I am multitasking, (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet, mail
(score: 3.253)

  Re: E-mail authentication during posting

Hello Todd, hello everybody, I can understand your rationale behind authentication, but find it annoying to frequently have to use a web interface for authentication. Therefore, this posting concentrates on implementation details, which could (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

internet, mail
(score: 3.253)

  Re: Email Authentication - Why not make it optional?

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> skrev i meddelandet news:GF7qJ4.6BM@lugnet.com... (...) a (...) Perhaps the (logged in) ones using the web interface should keep quite a while, to give the mail and NNTP (and slow modems in general) users (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.general)

internet, mail
(score: 3.252)

  Re: Can postings that had their e-mail authentication blocked stil be retrieved?

On the main point - new e-mails can be kicked off. I think Dan Boger is able to do this. (...) This really sucks. Fortunately my ISP isn't blocking Lugnet. I have a real concern with how these databases are run. It seems that ORDB has reasonable (...) (22 years ago, 23-Jan-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet, mail
(score: 3.252)

  Re: Final working post of the Kodiak.

(...) It was there, but then Ben noticed that the left arm was missing. We looked at the raw data and somewhere along the line between his e-mailing the message out and the server's receiving of it, a few dozen lines of the .DAT file were lost, very (...) (26 years ago, 22-Feb-99, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.admin.general)

internet, mail
(score: 3.252)

  Re: Are you missing news-by-mail digests/forwards?

"Gereon "Jerry" Stein" <jerry@lugnet.com> wrote in message news:J1Bv8v.I56@lugnet.com... (...) Actually since you're handling the mailing lists, why not consider changing things so that they better suit the current situation. What I mean is this: (...) (18 years ago, 23-Jun-06, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet, mail
(score: 3.251)

  "Idiot Screensaver to see" and possible email spoofing

Hi all, I just got an internet connection (however sporadic) back after not having one outside my departmental lab terminals for a month, and Richard Parsons popped me an email after someone sent him the possible virus attachment named in the (...) (22 years ago, 1-Oct-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet, mail
(score: 3.251)

More:  Next Page >>