 General / 23125
Re: Not getting e-mail from Lugnet?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 18 Oct 2000 22:24:29 GMT

[redirecting to .admin.general]

In lugnet.general, Andy Lynch writes:
Todd,
I stopped receiving e-mail from Lugnet about 6 hours ago.  I can send mail
to myself, and it arrives fine.  I also checked to see if the Lugnet server
still thinks that I should be getting newsgroups mailed to me, and that also
appears fine...

Anyone else having a problem?

That's not too unusual -- email is one of the more unreliable forms of
communication on the Internet (if you're looking for quick speed and that),
although things almost always get delivered eventually.

I just looked in the outgoing mail queue and I don't see your email address.
Now checking for bounced messages...OK, nope, nothing there.  Now double-
checking that the server thinks it should be sending mail to you...OK, yup,
it says you're subscribed to lots of stuff.  Now checking the outgoing mail
log to see whether message-mailing attempts have been made to anyone...OK,
yup, all cool there...no gaps or interruptions that I can see.

I guess...wait another day or two.  The mail is probably stuck somewhere in
transit between lugnet.com and your ISP.

--Todd