 General / 8233
Re: Lugnet Newsgroups Anniversary!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.announce
Date:
Mon, 4 Oct 1999 00:54:52 GMT

In lugnet.general, Todd Lehman writes:
In lugnet.general, "Adam Howard" <abhoward10@hotmail.com> writes:
When will Lugnet be having it's 1 year newsgroups anniversary?  I figure
it should be around Sept or Oct.
Hmm, the actual anniversary is kind of fuzzy, since there were several
"beginnings"...here's a bit of history:
[...]
The groups became "open arms to all" in a message posted to
rec.toys.lego on October 4 (which I don't have a handy way to link to)
[...]

Aha -- found it!  Here's that message:

   http://www.deja.com/getdoc.xp?AN=397726988&fmt=raw

The 'Date' header says "4 Oct 1998 00:00:00 GMT", which is obviously wrong,
but there's another header which says "04 Oct 1998 17:13:50 CDT", which
sounds right on.  So if my TZ math is correct, this means it was posted
at 22:13:50 GMT, which means that the 1 year anniversary is coming up in
about 21 more hours or so.

This being the eve of the anniversary, I'd be interested in hearing
people's thoughts on how things have turned out so far, and whether things
have lived up to or failed to meet people's expectations -- particularly
with respect to the hopes expressed in the announcement (attached below).

--Todd