 General / 8420
Re: Lugnet Newsgroups Anniversary!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 7 Oct 1999 18:31:39 GMT

Congratulations Todd and Suz!  I believe LUGNET is the single most important
resource for any Lego enthusiast. (with the possible exception of Lego bricks
themselves, although this is debatable because of ldraw and similar Lego cad
tools).  It's not just the ng, its all of the other stuff too.  There are so
many recorces that are just a click or two away.  You have also been extremely
helpful with just about any type of problem taht has come up.  A bit of shame
just washed over me as I remember the time in which I got booted for profanity.
No more drunk posting for me!

I haven't checked RTL since before the summer, I just never think to anymore.
Maybe I should announce my contest there too.

Its hard to imagine it has only been a year for me and LUGNET.  I consider Aug
26th 1998 (my birthday) to be the day I came out of my dark ages.  I purchased
a few Technic kits from TRU that day in preperation for the release of
Mindstorms.  Sometime after that I realized space ships were my thing and thats
what I needed to do.

I dug up my fist post to LUGNET, it came on Nov 24 1998 announcing my new
website.
http://www.lugnet.com/build/?n=380

Thanks for everything, keep up the amazing work!
Pat J

In lugnet.general, Todd Lehman writes:
In lugnet.general, "Adam Howard" <abhoward10@hotmail.com> writes:

When will Lugnet be having it's 1 year newsgroups anniversary?  I figure it
should be around Sept or Oct.

<snip>

Are you going to do anything special?

I plan to drink myself silly from September 28 to October 4.  ;-)

--Todd