 Administrative / General / 10706
Re: Can postings that had their e-mail authentication blocked stil be retrieved?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 23 Jan 2003 18:45:36 GMT

On the main point - new e-mails can be kicked off. I think Dan Boger is
able to do this.

Carlo Ottolina wrote:

In lugnet.admin.general, Manfred Moolhuysen writes:
I have made sereval unsuccesfull postings to Lugnet, as it later turned out
to be this was during the time that Lugnet was listed as Open relay at
ORDB.org

FYI, Lugnet is *still* listed in ORDB DB.

This really sucks. Fortunately my ISP isn't blocking Lugnet.

I have a real concern with how these databases are run. It seems that
ORDB has reasonable policies, but another similar site published the
list of sites that had been reported, but not yet tested. Administrators
were blocking e-mail based on this reported list. There is no protection
against malicious reporting.

It is my opinion that the internet is going to collapse. Something will
rise from the ashes, but it may take several years after a collapse
before we have the same level of access (remember the early days where
it wasn't easy to get access). It will probably be even harder to
actually get access because fly by night ISPs won't be part of the new
system.

Frank