 Administrative / Search Results: internet mail service
 Results 41 – 60 of about 2200.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: A Confession and an Apology

(...) ( AAAARGGG, I'm gonna half to have dictionary.com running non stop if this maddness doesn't cease, LOL! ) around privacy (esp. for (...) Depends on your own personal opinion... (...) Sounds like my house! (...) One way to do this would be to (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.admin.terms)

mail, service
(score: 0.875)

  Re: Service Packs: Space, Technic, Train, Town, etc

To: Scott A. and Larry P. and anyone else who cares: All right, I am saying this once, and you can fight among yourselves about it. I wish this was totally off LUGNET, and I wish you two would stop this unending, uneeded, feud you two seem to love (...) (22 years ago, 10-May-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet, service
(score: 0.857)

  Re: Can postings that had their e-mail authentication blocked stil be retrieved?

On the main point - new e-mails can be kicked off. I think Dan Boger is able to do this. (...) This really sucks. Fortunately my ISP isn't blocking Lugnet. I have a real concern with how these databases are run. It seems that ORDB has reasonable (...) (22 years ago, 23-Jan-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet, mail
(score: 0.853)

  Re: Lugnet listed as Open relay at ORDB.org?

I am surprised. I thought this was big enough to post it, and expected a pretty quick response form the system admins here. Have any of the administrators noticed this? Is it being worked on? I believe that this is more important than just some (...) (22 years ago, 20-Jan-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet, mail
(score: 0.851)

  Re: Marketplace / BrickShops was:[Charter Change for market.buy-sell-trade]

(...) I think 6 months is a bit extreme, especially to start with. I would suggest 1 month as a minimum, but you can buy longer time periods for a slightly better price. Perhaps a listing fee plus a monthly fee, so that a multi-month ad ends up (...) (22 years ago, 24-Apr-02, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.admin.finance)

internet, service
(score: 0.851)

  Re: Would the last person to leave, please turn out the lights?

(...) Strangely, I never did see LUGNET as a photo-sharing community (not even with the firm connection to Brickshelf). Most of what I use LUGNET for, well... doesn't work on Flickr. It's hard to organize a GBC standard, or trash-talk about a (...) (15 years ago, 7-Jul-09, to lugnet.admin.curators, lugnet.space, lugnet.technic)

service
(score: 0.843)

  Scheduled downtime Thursday, March 6, 2003

The lugnet.com server will be taken off-line for approximately two hours on Thursday, March 6, 2003 for a software and hardware upgrade. --> Going down at: 10:00AM EST (that's 10 o'clock a.m. New York time) <-- The outage may be as short as one hour (...) (22 years ago, 6-Mar-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.admin.general) !!

mail, service
(score: 0.840)

  Scheduled downtime Friday, January 31, 2003

The lugnet.com server will be taken off-line briefly on Friday, January 31 for an operating system software and disk upgrade. The outage may be as short as five minutes or as long as several hours. E-mail delivery is most likely to resume first, (...) (22 years ago, 29-Jan-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.general) !!

mail, service
(score: 0.829)

  Re: Lugnet listed as Open relay at ORDB.org?

Below is a reply I received from my email provider after I requested A solution to my problem from their end. -Rob Hello, Thanks for your description. Now I see the situation. Yes, the mail server on all standard LinkSky accounts uses the Open Relay (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jan-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail, service
(score: 0.826)

  "Idiot Screensaver to see" and possible email spoofing

Hi all, I just got an internet connection (however sporadic) back after not having one outside my departmental lab terminals for a month, and Richard Parsons popped me an email after someone sent him the possible virus attachment named in the (...) (22 years ago, 1-Oct-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet, mail
(score: 0.818)

  Re: for the eyes of Suz (Was Re: For the Eyes of Alfred Speredelozzi

(...) Hi Bert - Thanks for the thoughtful comments. You're right, there will be the same social issues here as there are in any other community. One of the things that makes (made, because it doesn't seem to be happening now) LUGNET great was the (...) (23 years ago, 31-Dec-01, to lugnet.admin.general) !

internet, service
(score: 0.812)

  posting question

Hi all, I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but I had a question about posting through Internet Explorer. When I first started posting to Lugnet, each time I posted I was asked "Have you received permission? etc" and I had to fill (...) (22 years ago, 5-Sep-02, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

internet, mail
(score: 0.810)

  LUGNET should offer bookmarking tools

I'll admit this isn't one of my better ideas, but I'll throw it out there anyway... Just read an article that (URL) Ma.gnolia Goes Open Source, But Bookmarking is Dying>. Now, I've played around a little with bookmarking. On one hand, it's a good (...) (16 years ago, 29-Aug-08, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, FTX)

service
(score: 0.792)

  Change in handling of real names on LUGNET web pages?

Hi all, recently we receive quite a number of requests from individual users to have their real names and/or profile pages removed from search engine result pages. We realize that some of you probably would rather not see their names on such pages (...) (16 years ago, 27-Aug-08, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

service
(score: 0.792)

  Re: Very strange server behavior today

(...) I should like to point out (again), that I was already quite fond of the approach the LUGNET implementation took back when I was just one of many happy users and didn't have the slightest idea I might become one of LUGNET's admins one day. (...) (16 years ago, 23-Aug-08, to lugnet.admin.general)

service
(score: 0.791)

  Re: Very strange server behavior today

"Gereon "Jerry" Stein" <jerry@lugnet.com> wrote in message news:K5urGL.Gxy@lugnet.com... (...) If this continues to be a problem I would recommend that LUGNET should go into a completely web-based server setup. Allowing for the initial time to (...) (16 years ago, 20-Aug-08, to lugnet.admin.general)

service
(score: 0.791)

  Re: Change in LUGNET news appearance

(...) The ads in the LUGNET Guide pages are ok, they aren't annoying, it's a good thing. In the newsgroup pages, instead, I would suggest you to change the ad box with a banner in order to limit the scrolling. Even if LUGNET member, I wouldn't log (...) (17 years ago, 14-Dec-07, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet
(score: 0.790)

  Re: eudora thread bug

(...) Don't slink away! I use the web interface to LUGNET, for the most part. But you would probably enjoy using a news reader MUCH more than using email to browse the groups. (Although I know some people do prefer the email subscriptions.) A (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet, mail, service
(score: 0.789)

  Not getting authentication e-mails

Is there a problem with authentication e-mails? I've posted two messages via NNTP yesterday and not yet received an authentication e-mail, plus I submitted a multiple post authentication request from the web site and have not yet received that (...) (13 years ago, 29-Sep-11, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

mail
(score: 0.783)

  Re: NNTP service down again?

(...) As a matter of fact it was an email congestion problem, the NNTP server itself was entirely fine all the time. Anyway, I got the issue resolved, with some 20,000 spam emails down the drain. Sorry for all inconveniences you may have (...) (17 years ago, 14-Feb-08, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

service
(score: 0.762)

More:  Next Page >>